Author Topic: IF YOU HAVE CONTENT FOR TBP 3.4b SPEAK NOW  (Read 7694 times)

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
IF YOU HAVE CONTENT FOR TBP 3.4b SPEAK NOW
Sorry about the block capitals but I really need to get your attention. If you have files you wish to be included in TBP 3.4b (likely to be the last ever release) then tell me what they are now. Even if you've mentioned them before. Don't assume I have included everything that has ever been mentioned in this forum. I do not have super human powers of observation and I have a life beyond compiling TBP vp files. So if you want to ensure your updates are included in the final release. MENTION THEM NOW. If you don't and they aren't included you only have yourself to blame.

Oh and... you have a few days tops to respond.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 04:03:51 am by IPAndrews »
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline maje

Re: IF YOU HAVE CONTENT FOR TBP 3.4b SPEAK NOW
The Hand of GOD.  Well, I guess I know what I'll be learning how to do today... :doubt:  Let's see how fast I can model and texture, and then implement all the other ships that got kinda nixed (Soul Hunters, Walkers, Technomage, Streibs, Ipsha Battle Globe, Abbai Gunship (there were concept sketches of this for Into the Fire). A View From a Gallery aliens, any random ships from Crusade, Enfalli, Liandra, (sigh), the Valen.

Honestly, if there are any ships that would get worked on at all, it would be the Hand, Liandra, Walkers (seeing how they are the only First Ones that weren't integrated in yet), then the Technomage Shuttle (I know someone wanted this ship), and Streibs.  Also forgot about the Crusade shipyard,  Maintenance Fury, Haz'Mat platforms, and Thirdspace jumpgate.

Meh, honestly, though, maybe I could just release this stuff as some kind of after TBP expansion set.  I don't know anything about coding so, I don't know how to go about implementing Thirdspace, that lightning vortex that the Walkers use, or even how to make the Shadows phase in (rather than just having them appear without a transition from hyperspace to realspace).
Deuternomy 22:11 explained:

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
maybe I could just release this stuff as some kind of after TBP expansion set.

Unless you can model, texture, and convert models faster than anyone I've ever seen, I'd say that's an extremely sensible idea.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline Vidmaster

• Inventor of FS2 bullettime ;-)
send you that EW-War mission briefing fix thing again.

Aside from that, I could not think of anything.

EDIT: Oh, are Skullar's nameplates already included?
Devoted member of the Official Karajorma Fan Club (Founded and Led by Mobius).

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I don't know anything about coding so, I don't know how to go about implementing Thirdspace, that lightning vortex that the Walkers use, or even how to make the Shadows phase in (rather than just having them appear without a transition from hyperspace to realspace).

Those are things you can request from the SCP if you're making progress with the other stuff. As long as it looks like it will get used then we won't say no. When we'll have time is another matter.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Skullar

yes...yes.... Latest nameplates were 1.1
I wont have computer access till monday. I will send epsilon 3 and nameplates to IPandrews then.

Welcome to 2008

Offline maje

lol, well, I'd rather have content that's close to being ready that would use those features rather than just say, hey that's cool! and waste everyone else's time.  As far as the Hand ship goes, it's a matter of baking the procedurals into the UV map, getting it converted (which I have never done before, so this should be interesting), oh, and also generate some LODs as well as a debris model.  And then I still have to implement some new weapons effects which is another can of worms.

I wouldn't ask for any new Jump Point / hyperspace effects until the actual ships that use them become closer to a reality, though maybe something could be done for the Shadow vessels so they can 'phase in' and 'phase out' as they've been in-game for a while now.

Well there are many different speculations going on about this law about not mixing fibers and at least one explanation claims that it was a symbolic gesture designed to keep a pure sense of culture, people, and religion.  Seperation of crop  in the vinyard, mentioned in Dt. 22:9 and 22:10 seem to reaffirm this idea, though there may be other reasons as well.

And now, an excerpt from the Prayer of Mordecai, the Book of Esther Chapter C (New American Bible Official Catholic version).

Est C:5  You know all things.  You know, O Lord, that it was not out of insolence or pride or desire for fame that I acted thus in not bowing down to the proud Haman.  6  Gladly would I have kissed the soles of his feet for the salvation of Israel.  7  But I acted as I did so as not to place the honor of man above that of God.  I will not bow down to anyone but you, my Lord.  It is not out of pride that I am acting thus.

Offline Vidmaster

I am fredding, I am fredding, give me some hours to sleep, PLEASE!!!  :D  *wiping*  *wiping*

And somebody will have to test the thing of course.

Does crazy Software Engineering for a living, until he finally musters the courage to start building games for real. Might never happen.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Any files can be sent to my hotmail address. In my profile. I have plenty of free storage so do not worry about size.

Offline Yathin

• Order vs. Chaos. Choose one!
May I nominate 0rph3u5's EA Aurora Mk II?

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,51202.msg1035773.html#msg1035773

The only problem with it is the texture map, which as far as I know does not exist. But I would really like it if you could make it in the release  :nod:
"The main motive for going beyond the rim...there's a heck of a big Taco Bell out there...." - JMS

"In the BETA, mounting the reverse side of the ladder pretty much resulted in you getting a knife in the ass or worse." - Dylan Jobe

WIP : First Strike

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
May I nominate 0rph3u5's EA Aurora Mk II?

Yes you may. Rejected. Next question.

Offline Vidmaster

do you have finally a sound file for "Support ship in transit" and "Rearming sequence aborted" ?

If no, say so and I quickly record them.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
do you have finally a sound file for "Support ship in transit" and "Rearming sequence aborted" ?

If no, say so and I quickly record them.

In my mission I was just playing where I was gliding with the Thunderbolt I pressed Shift+R and Gen Lefcourt popped up and I heard "Support ship in transit, stand by". What is is with your installation dude? :)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 04:57:54 am by IPAndrews »

Offline Vidmaster

I give up  :doubt:      I trash everything and reinstall when 3.4b is out  :sigh:

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
I will be going away this weekend. Returning Monday. Please ensure everything you want including in TBP is emailed to me at [email protected] and is there for my return by Monday.

Offline Vidmaster

was talking about the voice files for the pilot. When you disable the command messages and then call in for support, you SHOULD here the pilot talking but you only SEE the message. Try FH2259 Mission 2 for an example!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Which message?

And are you certain the voice is actually not recorded? I don't think I ever tried the silencing command options out with support ships. It's possible I missed something. If I did I'd rather get it fixed now than later.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
I will be going away this weekend. Returning Monday. Please ensure everything you want including in TBP is emailed to me at [email protected] and is there for my return by Monday.

I mailed you the stuff you asked for
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
send you that EW-War mission briefing fix thing again.

didn't I fix those briefings already last June/July?

EDIT sry for doubleposting - I'm in a bit of a hurry
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline maje

I believe that transport is the same as the Psi-Corp shuttle.