Author Topic: does anyone have a light fighter?  (Read 5621 times)

does anyone have a light fighter?
DOes anyone have a light fighter that would, like, be used by local security forces? It would carry decent weapons, but not full-blown military level stuff. All around, pretty balanced.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Clawandfang

• Resident writer
Re: does anyone have a light fighter?
Wouldn't a decommissioned Loki do the job? Depending on what period you're setting... whatever it is you're doing in.
No one lives in the slums because they want to. It's like this train. It can't go anywhere except where its rails take it.

If you're interested in the classic film, "The Land Before Time", then come visit a land before time forum.

no, because it would be a state of the art police fighter, that's low maintenance and excels at patrol/liason/minor shootouts.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
no, because it would be a state of the art police fighter, that's low maintenance and excels at patrol/liason/minor shootouts.

Try the Kulas from BP. (would have said HC but it's dead)

plus HC doesn't have it... and the BP one is retextured to remove all the piratey logos.

Offline Hellstryker

• waffles
Or the alves from INF
Edit: Mind you, the stats will have to be changed a bit.

heh...

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
I'm not sure if thesizzler wants people using stuff from the released 158th material yet, and our official release is hopefully going to come very soon, but the Lethe sounds very much like what you're looking for.
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

i would if the lethe looked like it does in the tech photo on 158's site. but it's completely different  :(

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Use fighter158e-01 instead of fighter158c-01, and DON'T USE THE HADES COMBINE VERSION OF THE MODEL.

The model attached is the version used in my Starforce mod, which has glowpoints, a more uniform color scheme, and somewhat weaker armament.

[attachment deleted by ninja]

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Freespacemods.net
You should tell me who made that model, and give me a little info about it.
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • FLAMES OF WAR
You can try my Falcon :p
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
You can try my Falcon :p

IIRC he's already using it.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
You should tell me who made that model, and give me a little info about it.

For FreeSpaceMods? LtNarol made it, and...

The Lethe is an aerospace superiority fighter, created originally for NASA to train its astronauts for a variety of missions. Currently the most sophisticated combat craft in the field, the Lethe features two primary gun banks with two mounts each and two missile ports, added after the fighter’s conversion into a military vehicle. Its advanced power generator and power distribution system allow the Lethe to pipe more power into its wingtip guns than would normally be possible, easily doubling the firepower of the Lethe's first gunbank. Versatile in speed, maneuverability, and ruggedness, it can perform any task in excellent standing, be it intercepting enemy bombers and their payloads or strafing enemy positions on the ground. These fighters form the backbone of the EA navy.

In any other circumstance, I would not put this out, but LtNarol released the original 158th material. The cat's out of the bag, and we can't shove it back in, so here you go. It has a shield mesh and 4 gun mounts, instead of no shield and 6 like the 158th version.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 06:41:01 pm by Woolie Wool »

--General Battuta

Offline achtung

• Friendly Neighborhood Mirror Guy
  • ****in' Ace
    • Freespacemods.net
Thanks again woolie.

EDIT:  http://www.freespacemods.net/download.php?view.134

There's a more permanent link to the Lethe.  It includes the headlight bitmap.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 08:25:02 pm by Swantz »
FreeSpaceMods.net | FatHax | ??????
In the wise words of Charles de Gaulle, "China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."

Formerly known as Swantz

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
theres the chimera and the seker. both are small ships easily capable of getting themselves killed by trying to flight it like an assault craft :D the chimera is a mere 11 meters long, i forget about the seker.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

ok, now i need a next-gen corvette (that bonus United-Earth frigate from BP should work though) and a next-gen destroyer... i just can't find one with the right feel that isn't a stupid reskin...  :ick:

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Have you checked out StratComm's Terran fleetpack?  There are some cool next-gen capships in there.  They look even better with Blue Planet textures.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I think there's a version of the fleetpack with the updated (BP?) textures and GTD Titan included on Freespacemods.net Of course, if you just need one destroyer, the Raynor does well enough (aloth the entire fleet looks really nice together, as demonstrated by BP)

(I'm even using StratComm's old Archangel with the Huge ass cannon :P, texture tweaked of course...)
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline starlord

Excuse me: First of all, what is HC?

Then again titan, why do you need that fighter? Is there a MOD I don't know about? ;7