Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3245194 times)

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Re: W-H-I-Y-L It aint NEVER Over FOOL!!!!
Applied to Oxford University, have a maths admissions test on the 2nd of November. This will be challenging.

good luck for that
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
Applied to Oxford University, have a maths admissions test on the 2nd of November. This will be challenging.

Good luck with that. When you get in, your job will be to spread the Drunken Gospel of Dekker and enlighten them Oxfordians in the ways of HLP. ...Oh and to get good grades and whatnot.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

I just stayed up to 3:30 playing Last Stand with the new Tau Commander DLC.

A couple of L7 idiots with me in the XV-8 and a Chaos Sorcerer, backed by somebody who knew what the hell he was doing with a Hive Tyrant kitted for close combat, just went all the way. Twice. The shield drone is a source of endless lulz in fending off ranged fire and Heavy Armor + Jetpack + Kinetic Shield = Tau Death From Above.

Worth the ten bucks.
You are so making me wish I had $10 to spend on it.  I would really love to do some dynamic entry on the Space Marines who show up.
17:37:02   Quanto: I want to have sexual intercourse with every space elf in existence
17:37:11   SpardaSon21: even the males?
17:37:22   Quanto: its not gay if its an elf

[21:51] <@Droid803> I now realize
[21:51] <@Droid803> this will be SLIIIIIGHTLY awkward
[21:51] <@Droid803> as this rich psychic girl will now be tsundere for a loli.
[21:51] <@Droid803> OH WELLL.

See what you're missing in #WoD and #Fsquest?

[07:57:32] <Caiaphas> inspired by HerraTohtori i built a supermaneuverable plane in ksp
[07:57:43] <Caiaphas> i just killed my pilots with a high-g maneuver
[07:58:19] <Caiaphas> apparently people can't take 20 gees for 5 continuous seconds
[08:00:11] <Caiaphas> the plane however performed admirably, and only crashed because it no longer had any guidance systems

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I don't have the Tau but a friend of mine shelled out the tenbucks and it looked like a hell of a lot of fun. I have never finished level 20 in my brief Last Stand tenure though

I have been playing Hive Tyrant and the big issue I hit is that the goddamn Wave 16 doppelganger just two-shots everyone

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance
Our SAT scores became available today.

I got a flat 2000.
Reading/Math/Writing: 680/690/630

My peers were kind of jelly. Then they asked me what colleges I was applying to.
I told them NC State, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, and maybe UNC Charlotte.

I got flamed IRL.

Everyone was like, "No! That's just dumb! Apply to Harvard, Yale, Princeton, and MIT." What they don't understand is that I would never fit in over there. I told them so. They just laughed. And while I might could get in, the chances of me getting enough scholarships to pay for tuition to such prestigious universities. And my overbearing mother has already told me that she will withdraw all of her financial support if I go to a college that is not within driving distance for her.

FML.  :( I don't care what I do, it's wrong!

The ivy-covered prestigious colleges are not for everyone. Just because you can get in, doesn't mean you should.

I know I'd never survive an Ivy League college, even if I could get in, due to the intense pressure I'd be under. I'm getting it bad enough where I'm at! :(

Anyway, not knowing the full details of your situation, all I can say is think about it carefully, and make the decision that seems most right to you. Not to your friends. Not to your parents. YOU. *points dramatically*

I think I'm sticking with State.

Our SAT scores became available today.

I got a flat 2000.
Reading/Math/Writing: 680/690/630

My peers were kind of jelly. Then they asked me what colleges I was applying to.
I told them NC State, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, and maybe UNC Charlotte.

I got flamed IRL.

Everyone was like, "No! That's just dumb! Apply to Harvard, Yale, Princeton, and MIT." What they don't understand is that I would never fit in over there. I told them so. They just laughed. And while I might could get in, the chances of me getting enough scholarships to pay for tuition to such prestigious universities. And my overbearing mother has already told me that she will withdraw all of her financial support if I go to a college that is not within driving distance for her.

FML.  :( I don't care what I do, it's wrong!
Your SAT score means little to nothing as far as admission goes anymore.  Hell, it didn't necessarily mean all that much several years ago when I was applying.  It was only two parts back then, but let's just say that I scored rather higher in those two parts than you did...and I was still rejected from two out of the five schools I applied to.  There's a lot more that goes into it than just that single number.

Like extracurricular activities. Which I have none of.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
Well yeah, that's generally something that's good to have on there to some extent.  Colleges want to see that you're the type of person who at least attempts to go out and do something. :p

Offline FlamingCobra

I do lots of productive things. Like FREDding. And doing research -- on wikipedia!

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • EaWPR
Wikipedia probably won't work as research source in college...

Offline FlamingCobra

It doesn't work in high school either. But the slick man uses Wikipedia's sources.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
I do lots of productive things. Like FREDding. And doing research -- on wikipedia!
That's all well and good, but you should really try to get some sort of organized activity going for you too.  A sports team, a service group, a special-interest club, anything.

Offline sigtau

• unfortunate technical art assclown
Or, get a productive skill and practically apply it in a way that you can prove later--i.e. make a computer program or a schematic for a machine and show it to colleges to prove you're skilled (especially if it's relevant to the major you're looking into).
Who uses forum signatures anymore?

Offline FlamingCobra

That's all well and good, but you should really try to get some sort of organized activity going for you too.  A sports team, a service group, a special-interest club, anything.

I detest sports. Or any form of physical activity.

I am in the honor society though.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Oh c'mon, sports are fun!

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • EaWPR
As I said before, go running or something... or at least talk a walk once and awhile.

Offline Firstdragon34

• Bowties = Awesomeness
Sports are fun until you break an arm or a leg, which I have never done, but I have been hit in the face with a dodgeball. Frakking @#$#! Knocked my glass right off!
A small voice in my head tells me they are have followed us here in the Milky Way. They follow us until we are dead at their feet. We are nomands of the stars, no longer the race that was loved by the Great Elders. My name is Kyral and this is my story of survival.

There is no sanctuary for us, in this Universe. We will fight the Terror for one last time on this Shining World. May the Transcendent judge us kindly in the Life Stream.

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
...although I've seen published academic papers cite Wikipedia, even papers published in internationally well-respected publication venues. :rolleyes:

Offline Qent

It depends on the course. For some of my technical courses, Wikipedia articles were recommended or assigned reading. There it was used for informational purposes only, and not as a "reputable source."

Offline Firstdragon34

• Bowties = Awesomeness
Wikipedia was not allowed for research papers, we had to go other sites for information. It made sense, but I was the unlucky one that could never seem to get the right answers!  Oh wel

BUT HA! I'm. .  .OUT! I graduated my school half way up my class rank! WHOOO!

As 'Terrible' Terry Tate would say, "WHOO! ***CH!*
A small voice in my head tells me they are have followed us here in the Milky Way. They follow us until we are dead at their feet. We are nomands of the stars, no longer the race that was loved by the Great Elders. My name is Kyral and this is my story of survival.

There is no sanctuary for us, in this Universe. We will fight the Terror for one last time on this Shining World. May the Transcendent judge us kindly in the Life Stream.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Sports are fun until you break an arm or a leg, which I have never done, but I have been hit in the face with a dodgeball. Frakking @#$#! Knocked my glass right off!
I know how you feel - once forgot to wear a mouthguard during rugby training early in the morning before the inevitable happened and one of the forwards collided with my jaw, forcing a tooth through my upper lip. It healed well though!

Offline Firstdragon34

• Bowties = Awesomeness
I know how you feel - once forgot to wear a mouthguard during rugby training early in the morning before the inevitable happened and one of the forwards collided with my jaw, forcing a tooth through my upper lip. It healed well though!

*Shudders* Ouch. That's all I can say.