Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3245193 times)

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Re: W-H-I-Y-L It aint NEVER Over FOOL!!!!
i've knowingly played AFL for 3 years without a mouthguard....  :nervous:
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
You're damn lucky. I remember playing back pocket with the school team and standing next to a short indigenous bloke who had his elbow at a 45 degree angle to the vertical so he could elbow me in the face in the event the ball came our way. He never had to, but it looked damn uncomfortable and I'm glad I sacrificed clarity of speech for a mouthguard. :P

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
I just played tennis.  About the worst that could happen there was getting beaned in the back of the head by your doubles partner's errant serve. :p

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
You're damn lucky. I remember playing back pocket with the school team and standing next to a short indigenous bloke who had his elbow at a 45 degree angle to the vertical so he could elbow me in the face in the event the ball came our way. He never had to, but it looked damn uncomfortable and I'm glad I sacrificed clarity of speech for a mouthguard. :P

while those kind of assholes do exist, they are probably a lot fewer here.  and if it did happen, he's getting punched in the face.  or cleated in the chest.  my team would have my back, we don't take that kind of **** in an amateur league that's meant to be for fun.

but yeah, i know i'm pretty stupid for not using one.  i tried it out, and i just couldn't stand it.  i'm relying on my rather astounding ability to absorb punishment without taking much real damage and miraculous luck to avoid serious injury.  one of the old aussie blokes calls me gumby on account of how my body squishes and contorts to weird angles to absorb the blow and then i pop back up.  i'm kinda used in a cannon fodder role on the team.  if someone's about to get cleaned up, they get the footy to me.  i draw off the attack and get put 3 feet into the ground, coughing it back up to my now wide open teammate.   :doubt:

then i relocate my joints and we do it again.   :ick:

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Ah yes, the school we were up against had a bad reputation on account of it being predominantly indigenous, to the point where the Dean released a statement advising us to leave our valuables behind to avoid having them stolen.  :rolleyes: Anyway, yes, that sounds akin to my role on my indoor soccer team too, it's a good game for me when I leave with my ankle unharmed and my knees unbruised from being bowled over by the biggest player on the other team. Such is life as the Team Captain and token black man. :D You're in the ruck aren't you? Don't think I can complain while I was confined to the pocket...to prevent me from doing the team effort too much damage. :P

I just played tennis.  About the worst that could happen there was getting beaned in the back of the head by your doubles partner's errant serve. :p
I played tennis too, miss it heaps, especially during Wimbledon every year. But yes, I remember a similar incident when I was a kid, you have my sympathy - we even had kids who'd let go of the racket during forehands at the school I trained at. :P

Sports are fun until you break an arm or a leg, which I have never done, but I have been hit in the face with a dodgeball. Frakking @#$#! Knocked my glass right off!  (Emphasis added.)

Most sophisticated sport ever:  Dodgeball with monocles.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
That's an awesome sport

I've been awake for 19 hours, and have no indication of being tired. Is that bad?
"No"

Offline Firstdragon34

• Bowties = Awesomeness
You will feel tired eventually Deathfun as the day goes on, maybe your 16Km walk will do the trick.  ;)
A small voice in my head tells me they are have followed us here in the Milky Way. They follow us until we are dead at their feet. We are nomands of the stars, no longer the race that was loved by the Great Elders. My name is Kyral and this is my story of survival.

There is no sanctuary for us, in this Universe. We will fight the Terror for one last time on this Shining World. May the Transcendent judge us kindly in the Life Stream.

You would think that an intermittently functioning LMB would be more irritating than an intermittently functioning scroll wheel, but surprisingly, even in the context of a shooter, that's not the case.  In my short time with two broken mice, I've found that, except in the case of sniping, hair-trigger timing seems to be a lot less important than fast, reliable weapon switching.

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
Looks like hard drive prices are up 25-50% in the last week.
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Offline Firstdragon34

• Bowties = Awesomeness
Man! It has been a couple months since I played Crysis 2 multiplayer! I got my butt kicked in every aspect!  :hopping:

Like and don't like living the country! I just have dialup at my house! Oh well.

Also: Codename: Exile Fleet, look it up, on another forum.  :rolleyes:
A small voice in my head tells me they are have followed us here in the Milky Way. They follow us until we are dead at their feet. We are nomands of the stars, no longer the race that was loved by the Great Elders. My name is Kyral and this is my story of survival.

There is no sanctuary for us, in this Universe. We will fight the Terror for one last time on this Shining World. May the Transcendent judge us kindly in the Life Stream.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
Hmm, I was going to meet up with a bunch of guys from mu college course tomorrow, but the girl I like wants to meet up on the same day. 
It's a good thing that I don't like them enough to have the Bro Code apply to them, even though it wouldn't have made a difference and would have still ditched. :pimp:
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Ah yes, the school we were up against had a bad reputation on account of it being predominantly indigenous, to the point where the Dean released a statement advising us to leave our valuables behind to avoid having them stolen.  :rolleyes: Anyway, yes, that sounds akin to my role on my indoor soccer team too, it's a good game for me when I leave with my ankle unharmed and my knees unbruised from being bowled over by the biggest player on the other team. Such is life as the Team Captain and token black man. :D You're in the ruck aren't you? Don't think I can complain while I was confined to the pocket...to prevent me from doing the team effort too much damage. :P

no, but i probably should be.  i've got the height and jumping to ruck, but no endurance at all for a follower spot.  coach used to put me on wing all the time, because i LOOK like i'm in shape.  recently i've been at half back.  where i really need to be is in the forward line though.  i'm great at taking marks and quite an accurate kick (most of the time).  never once been allowed to play there though.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
Ugh, I've spent far too long being a semi-social recluse. I know this because the internet no longer holds any wonder, nor surprises for me.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
Are you saying you've beat the internet? I... I didn't think it was possible!
"No"

The end guy is hard, so I hear...
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.

no, but i probably should be.  i've got the height and jumping to ruck, but no endurance at all for a follower spot.  coach used to put me on wing all the time, because i LOOK like i'm in shape.  recently i've been at half back.  where i really need to be is in the forward line though.  i'm great at taking marks and quite an accurate kick (most of the time).  never once been allowed to play there though.
Oh, that sucks! I can take a mark sometimes but as I used to play without insoles for my flat feet, my kicking used to be horrible since I didn't realise my foot was always canted a few degrees to the right. At "5'4" though, I'd have to start getting my tombstone engraved if I played in the ruck. :P

In other news, I had a sleepless night as a result of exercising too late last night. :(

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I managed to win the Control Point game as Herr Doktor in overtime.  The soldier I was healing manged to break through the Reds line and kill all the enemies at the last gravel pit CP before he got blown up.  Caught behind enemy lines for some reason the rest of the Reds failed to notice the dashing Prussian who stole the last CP from under their noses.  I've noticed a couple things as Medic, you can create major havoc Invulling a good Pyro, and that the crusader crossbow isn't a bad weapon after I shot a sniper in the eyeball at range and his corpse was pinned to the wall behind him suspended.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
There is a terrible creature sitting outside my back door, strange to me after years in this arid desert with no trees, chittering as though it wishes to destroy us all.

I believe it is called a Grey Squirrel.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline BrotherBryon

• Resident Lurker
Got drunk and then self critical, not to worry I'm not the suicidal type.
Holy Crap. SHIVANS! Tours