Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3238101 times)

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Re: W-H-I-Y-L It aint NEVER Over FOOL!!!!
managed to re-assemble one of the joystick gimbal units i disassembled (and partially destroyed) in order to clean the bearing rings at the center of the unit. it took re-machining some of the parts to change their purpose. i did this using a dremel, a number of drill bits, 2 engraving bits, and several cutoff disks, which like to keep breaking sending shards in every which direction.

i had to trim 2 disks (these connected to a break pad of sorts which was grabbed by a magnet to disengage the gimbal from the axle to allow a vernier control mode) so that they fit closer to the gimbals, then had to notch the untrimmed edge to engage a small peg on the gimbals. i also had to put a hole in a couple bushings to allow the pass through of a retention screw from disk to axle. now, through the modified disk, the gimbals drive the axle directly instead of through the original spring mechanism, which in turn drives an aluminum gear which engages a smaller gear on the potentiometer. anyway i put the unit back together in the new configuration, and it works.

new configuration has the added bonus of making the whole thing easier to work on. you only need to remove 4 screws and 2 nuts to open the bearing compartment (instead of like 20), and you can calibrate the pot's alignment without taking it all apart. it removes a lot of the weight as well. soon my joystick of doom will be complete.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
Truly you are a mad scientist.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
I believe that by the time Nuke finishes his project, he'll have a working Meson bomb (wether it was intended or not).
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
either that or a working ftl

edit
In fact could his experiments be what is throwing out the CERN experiments
« Last Edit: November 26, 2011, 05:09:49 pm by headdie »
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
I've been eating some leftover Sweetarts packets from Halloween that seem to have become a bit crushed at some point, so my trash can has some sugar powder along the sides.  When my brother collected the trash this past week, he informed me that it looked like Charlie Sheen had sneezed into it. :D

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me

edit

if i develop ftl it will probably run on the blood of dead babies, and will glass the planet that it is launched from.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies

edit

if i develop ftl it will probably run on the blood of dead babies, and will glass the planet that it is launched from.

Mmmmm, dead babies
They taste better microwaved
"No"

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Truly you are a mad scientist.

Perhaps "junksmith" is a better term.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc

edit

Mmmmm, dead babies

I'm confused at how my comment lead to this....:wtf:
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Headdie on Deviant Art

edit

Mmmmm, dead babies

I'm confused at how my comment lead to this....:wtf:

welcome to W-H-I-Y-L
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
10.5cm/L62, where have you been all my life?
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
Just uninstalled Lock-On, and all of its obnoxious componets. I believe I tried getting the software to run once, but it would accept none of my own control bindings, ran very poorly, had nasty DRM, and ate about 8GB of my dwindling HD space. Good riddance!

:yes:
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • EaWPR
lol, what are you using it with? King Tiger?

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Just uninstalled Lock-On, and all of its obnoxious componets. I believe I tried getting the software to run once, but it would accept none of my own control bindings, ran very poorly, had nasty DRM, and ate about 8GB of my dwindling HD space. Good riddance!

never had a problem getting it to accept bindings, but for Lock On it's probably better to use your joystick software instead.  don't remember it running poorly, but i haven't played it since a few hardware updates ago and had settings turned down.  i DO remember getting widescreen to work properly is a bit of an adventure.  the nasty(ish) DRM came with the expansion, which i only even touched once.  word on the street was it broke some of the old stuff, and i didn't really care much to fly the new plane it put in, so i left it alone.  hard drive space, fair enough. 
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance
Went over to a friend's house yesterday and had a LAN party. They were smoking like hell and I have been in no-smoking environments pretty much my whole life, so I'm not used to it. Now my throat hurts real bad and I'm losing my voice.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies

Erectile Dysfunction
"No"

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Went over to a friend's house yesterday and had a LAN party. They were smoking like hell and I have been in no-smoking environments pretty much my whole life, so I'm not used to it. Now my throat hurts real bad and I'm losing my voice.

i would have left.  smoking is gross.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo

never had a problem getting it to accept bindings, but for Lock On it's probably better to use your joystick software instead.  don't remember it running poorly, but i haven't played it since a few hardware updates ago and had settings turned down.  i DO remember getting widescreen to work properly is a bit of an adventure.  the nasty(ish) DRM came with the expansion, which i only even touched once.  word on the street was it broke some of the old stuff, and i didn't really care much to fly the new plane it put in, so i left it alone.  hard drive space, fair enough. 

My computer has about the minimum specs to run the program, having 2 gigs of RAM and a Go 7600 graphics card. Furthermore, my processer is only rated at 1.6GHz, where 2GHz is the recommended min. Granted the large amount of time to learn, but more so master, a new sim, its poor performance on my machine and a general lack of said time, I think I'll just keep to FreeFalcon, which I also seldom touch.
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance

i would have left.  smoking is gross.

I agree. Smoking is gross. But they're some of my best friends and like the only old school gamers I know. And they are the only PC gamers I know.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
lol, what are you using it with? King Tiger?

Yeah. I suffered through the L/42 and oh god that sucked. Should have stayed with the long 88.

Erectile Dysfunction

Learn2calibers and you might see a problem with that.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story