Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3244968 times)

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
Re: W-H-I-Y-L It's over <number goes here> (posts)
got most of the bugs out of asteroids. made the controls less retarded. there is still some bugs with the saucers, getting stuck, not looping around right, not removing the bitmaps from the screen after its been destroyed. then there are some uglies to clean up, like the logo screen not being centered, the text sizes, things like that. maybe add color to the bitmaps.

all this was to see what the lcd could do. i kinda want to use it as a monocle hud for r/c projects. i could fly mah choppa with telemetry for example. it seems the serial interface would be sufficient to display some gauges roll/pitch ladder and heading gauge. of course i got to build all the other crap first. not sure if its bright enough though, it has to reflect of a piece of acrylic and still be visible under daylight conditions. i may need one of those oled displays for that. i really wouldnt need color for this, but resolution is imoprtant. there are some cheap ones out there.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
Recent low has led to a recent high which I intend to hold onto for as long as ****ing possible

Because my artwork motivation has really been reignited

EDIT:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 09:13:54 am by deathfun »
"No"

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
woo :yes:

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
I'm in the USA.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
I'm in the USA.

Nice! Hope you have a great time

Which one of these fits better?
"No"

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Montreal covered by ****tons of Icenorain. **** climate change. :mad:

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i kinda like how alaska is turning into the tropics though. *sips pure grain alcohol out of coconut shell on beach in speedo*
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Aardwolf

Getting a bad SSL certificate from something when trying to sign into my AIM accounts, so not signing in until someone can explain for me :( And nobody so far who reads my facebook wall posts has been tech-savvy enough to help :(

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
instant messaging died long ago. idk why i still keep pigin running.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
I still do AIM group chats with a bunch of people on a weekly basis.  We've sometimes idly wondered how long AOL will keep it running.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
My camera kit.

I like Sony, Konica Minolta lenses rock and they're good value if you look hard.

Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i like how the pic of all your high end camera gear is blurry.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
If I took a pic of it using, it...... The universe would asplode.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
    • Rebecca Chambers Fan Club
Rather than scheduling me to work after I get out of school, my work opted to mark me as "unavailable on Mon, Wed, Fri." Even though I put my availability as 5 PM and we're open to 11 PM. Dem hour cuts.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
I could spend all day watching this video and it would still amaze me.

Got me some drawing supplies and a derp off guide to drawing. And I have begun modelling stuff again after a long hiatus due to a depression of sorts with my skills. But enough of that, I am getting back on track.

PS: I love having backups of models I deleted like half a year ago or more...

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
current project: make a 640x480x16 camera module talk to an arduino and spew video out the serial port. my mcu doesnt have enough ram for a frame buffer so im running it at 8-bit qqvga (160x120x8). i have enough ram to cache a couple lines of video. the 8 bit format is raw, so its actually GRB422, since ccds have two green cells a red and a blue, this gives 2 bits each. the 2 green can be rounded together. in fact im rounding them all together to give me 2 bit grey, then im shifting off the lsb so i can pack 8 in each byte. this should make all the ones and zeros form an image in my serial terminal.

i got most of it done but i need to do a few interrupts to handle vsync, hsync and pixel clock. the first two simply reset counters, and the last one signals when to sample pixels on an 8 bit data bus. i didnt really plan ahead and put these signals on pins that trigger hardware interrupts, so i have to use pin change interrupts, and i have one of those for each port. unfortunately i put all 3 signals on the same ****ing port. on top of that pin change interrupts dont give any indication of what the pin changed to. i figure il just compare the current state of the pins with the previous state so i can see what changed. its either that or rewire everything for the 3rd time.

theres also the i2c bus for configuring the camera. so it looks like i get to read 5 pages of register descriptions (all to find the 2 or 3 registers i need to set to make things work the way i want).

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Darius

First day in the hospital wards.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
I have stolen that picture and shared it tenfold x
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline Kopachris

• send penguins
    • Steam
    • Twitter
FYI everyone who regularly visits #hard-light, #freespace, and #scp: BotenAlfred now has a "!mail <nick> <message>" command (e.g. "!mail Kopachris your bot is bad and you should feel bad").  Messages will be stored and delivered the next time that nick partakes in conversation.  Messages can also be manually retrieved (e.g. if you don't feel like saying anything in the channel to trigger delivery) by use of the !mail command without any parameters.

This is a highly-requested feature according to super-scientific surveys (read: I asked some people in the middle of the night if it'd be useful, and they said "sure").
----
My Bandcamp | Discord: Kopachris | My GitHub

Offline Nakura

• Zombie Heinlein
    • Rebecca Chambers Fan Club
Some of you may have remembered me *****ing about my college's ridiculous computer lab policies last year. Well they're at it again and this time it's much worse. They got rid of the pen-and-paper sign in sheet and are making us sign into the computer using our student ID, which makes a bit more sense, but their servers are incredibly slow and take about 5-10 minutes to process the login request.

In addition, they have removed Firefox from all of the computers and are forcing people to use Internet Explorer, which is absolutely atrocious. Since they removed Firefox, they also got rid of Adblock Plus and have even prevented it from being added to Internet Explorer. Now you can't even listen to Pandora while you write your college essays, because there are ads every few minutes.

This is completely backwards, rather than making their computers safer, they've made them more suspectible to viruses, keyloggers and the like. People are ****ing morons and will be clicking on ads, downloading malware and destroying these computers. I swear, I'm going to have to take this up with the dean, because whoever did this deserves to be fired. /rant
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 02:24:40 pm by Nakura »