Author Topic: W-H-I-Y-L - boom shake-shake shake the-room.  (Read 3244994 times)

Offline LHN91

Re: W-H-I-Y-L It aint NEVER Over FOOL!!!!
Computer Science major in me is now piqued. Specs on that new computer?

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
Nothing special, just replacing the ol' 4 year old computer that was mid-range 4 years ago.

quad core 3.3ghz i5 sandy bridge (no HT, though)
EVGA Z68 SLI 130-SB-E685-KR mobo
2x4gb ram
64gb SSD for mah OS/application drive

still stuck with a nvidia 9800GT until later this year; I want to wait until the semester is over to get that going. I'll also probably get a new PSU and set of fans with the card in December, which is also when I'll bother to overclock.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 01:41:29 pm by thesizzler »

Offline LHN91

So in other words better than my main gaming/everything system XD.

Athlon II X4 620 2.6GHz
Radeon 4870 512MB
4GB 1066 RAM
Some cheap Asus motherboard.

Also, absolutely nothing wrong with a 9800GT. And depending on the brand and where you are, i know here 40 bucks Canadian gets you a second one for a budget SLI setup.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
Buying a new computer. What Should the inaugural game be? Vassago's Dirge? DCS: Black Shark? Need to decide soon...
Spider Solitaire, obviously.

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
  • It's 5 minutes to midnight.
Nothing special, just replacing the ol' 4 year old computer that was mid-range 4 years ago.

quad core 3.3ghz i5 sandy bridge (no HT, though)
EVGA Z68 SLI 130-SB-E685-KR mobo
2x4gb ram
64gb SSD for mah OS/application drive

still stuck with a nvidia 9800GT until later this year; I want to wait until the semester is over to get that going. I'll also probably get a new PSU and set of fans with the card in December, which is also when I'll bother to overclock.
It's probably better to wait regardless. AMD's bringing out Southern Islands either late Q4 or early Q1.
NGTM-1R: Currently considering spending the rest of the day in bed cuddling.
GTSVA: With who...?
Nuke: chewbacca?
Bob-san: The Rancor.

Offline FlamingCobra

• An Experiment In Weaponised Annoyance

Offline Firstdragon34

• Bowties = Awesomeness
Uh-oh, here comes the Martians!  :p
A small voice in my head tells me they are have followed us here in the Milky Way. They follow us until we are dead at their feet. We are nomands of the stars, no longer the race that was loved by the Great Elders. My name is Kyral and this is my story of survival.

There is no sanctuary for us, in this Universe. We will fight the Terror for one last time on this Shining World. May the Transcendent judge us kindly in the Life Stream.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • EaWPR
Finally finished A Dance With Dragons... so many dead people. o_o

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I failed my saving throw vs shiny and got myself a Smartphone. Now I am using it to type this message. Technology is awesome.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Speaking of which, that new iPhone 4S looks okay. May consider it at the end of this year.

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
Speaking of which, that new iPhone 4S looks okay. May consider it at the end of this year.
I actually liked the iPhone 4's design: significantly more horsepower is a good thing. Regardless, I'll go with a Galaxy S-II.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I still love my X10i, going strong. Gonna update to gingerbread from whatever the hell i'm on now to try it out. I've got my eye on the latest Miui build too.

And to think, it took some of you four years to catch up with me since my K810i posting on here back in 07 ;)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool
I still love my X10i, going strong. Gonna update to gingerbread from whatever the hell i'm on now to try it out. I've got my eye on the latest Miui build too.

And to think, it took some of you four years to catch up with me since my K810i posting on here back in 07 ;)
Pfft. I posted here back in like 2006 on a RAZR and in 2008 on a Samsung Instinct. I still miss that old RAZR--if I hadn't lost it, I'd probably still be using it.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Headdie on Deviant Art

Pfft. I posted here back in like 2006 on a RAZR and in 2008 on a Samsung Instinct. I still miss that old RAZR--if I hadn't lost it, I'd probably still be using it.

ditto if i hadn't worn out some of the keys on my V3x I certainly wouldnt have changed from it to the Sony K800I
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Bob-san

• Wishes he was cool

ditto if i hadn't worn out some of the keys on my V3x I certainly wouldnt have changed from it to the Sony K800I
Don't get me wrong: it wasn't perfect, but it was about the best flip-phone ever made. I had a V3m: I thought the keys themselves and the physical dimensions were damn near perfect. Only thing that could have been better was text prediction. It's a shame they don't make phones like that anymore.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
I still have a little four-year-old dumb phone that I almost never use; the last thing I need is some shiny new gadget.  And I utterly loathe touch-screens. :p

And I utterly loathe touch-screens. :p
I'm glad I'm not the only one.  I like being able to use controls using tactile cues so I don't have to look at my fingers.
"…ignorance, while it checks the enthusiasm of the sensible, in no way restrains the fools…"
-Stanislaw Lem

Offline jg18

• A very happy zod
  • can do more than spellcheck
Few academic activities are as satisfying or as liberating as dropping a class (well, other than graduating, of course).
But why did I have to fill out a form and get it signed by the instructor, just to drop the class? :wtf:

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
Dunno.  We could just do it online at my school.

Offline Firstdragon34

• Bowties = Awesomeness
Speaking of technology, do you believe that we'll become one with it? I would just like a implant that allows me superhuman feats.   ;)
A small voice in my head tells me they are have followed us here in the Milky Way. They follow us until we are dead at their feet. We are nomands of the stars, no longer the race that was loved by the Great Elders. My name is Kyral and this is my story of survival.

There is no sanctuary for us, in this Universe. We will fight the Terror for one last time on this Shining World. May the Transcendent judge us kindly in the Life Stream.