Author Topic: Best weapons loadout  (Read 5432 times)

Offline dANGER boy

• New and improved, v2.0
    • Vortex Research & Design
Just wondering what some of you guys think is the best weapons loadout.

Is dual Prometheus-S stronger than Maxim/Circe combo?
[21:39] * Now talking in #hard-light
[21:39] <Zacam> Dear. God.
[21:39] * dANGER_boy is now known as God
[21:39] <God> Yes, I'm here
[21:39] <Zacam> I'd like to file a bug report.
[21:40] * thesizzler is now known as Jesus
[21:40] <Jesus> sup
[21:40] <God> Check with my secretary.
[21:40] <Jesus> hey dad
[21:40] <Zacam> Regarding the INANE flaws in human intelligence and the equality (or disparity) therof.
[21:40] * God points at Jesus
[21:40] * mura is now known as WhitePidgeon
[21:40] <+WhitePidgeon> kuuuuu

meh, i usually go with dual subachs in my perseus. Just shunt some energy from my guns into my shields and engines.

I prefer a Harpoon/Tempest loadout for secondaries.
Sig nuked! New one coming soon!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Erinyes, Kayser, maxim, ornett, and tornadoos...........

DIE SHIVAN!
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
It depends on the situation.

Circe Maxim is good when you're likely to deal with multiple cruisers.

Prom S is a nice balance, but the ROF is terrible

Kayser is a lot of peoples favorite, I find it eats energy too fast.

Subach is good for people who want extra engines / shields.

Offline eliex

Always have a bank for Stellito II's if there are cap ships in your missions.

Maxim shakes my screen way too much for my liking.  :nervous:

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I like Maxim/Tempest if the fighter can carry the former. It works far better than the Maxim/Circe combination.

The Prometheus S is better than the Kayser at high difficulties due to its extra range.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I think it depends on which ship you're flying and for what sort of mission. I usually use a GTF Ares equipped with dual UD-8 Kaysers, a bank of Tornados and a bank of Trebuchets. It works pretty well, although the only disadvantage is that reloading takes forever.

In the initial missions, I typically use a Myrmidon equipped with dual Subach HL-7s and all three banks filled with Tempests.

On a Herc II, I use dual Subachs with a bank of Tempests and a bank of Hornets.

I never fly the Perseus unless if I really have to.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
I like to mix the Prometheus S with the Subach/Mekhul HL-7 until the Kayser is available.  Then the Kayser and Subach combo.  Depends allot on the ship of course but those are generally my choices.

Sometimes I'll go for the full on Prom S/Kayser combo at the end in certain places...that is killer but it takes the energy down fast.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I try not to use the Prometheus (both versions) because I never seem to be able to hit anything with them. I actually have better luck at hitting things with the Subach, and with the Kayser, most of my shots tend to hit.

Does anyone here use a Kayser-Maxim combo or a Circe-Maxim combo?
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey didnt the Kayser boast a +1 km range ??? Cuz ive played some campaigns where it barely reaches 600 m.

Anyway Kaysers with Maxim and Treb's and thoser...err...what you call them....Piranha i believe.....they seem to work very well for me. Of course i tend to swap the Piranha's for Tempest on many ocasions.
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Probably a tablefile modification to balance the weapon out.

I'm quite surprised that you use Piranhas, AlphaOne. I'm not good at the whole remote-detonation thingie.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey not remote detonation i mean those things with the spikes and the read tipped missiles you get to use i believe after you get to use the hornets in the main campaign. Il go a wiki check to see the correct name.

Edit:

I sis a check and its the harpoon ! Sorry for the mishap guys.
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Oh, Harpoons are all right in my opinion. Apart from the range of its aspect lock, I can't find any other issue with it. I use it as a second-last-resort weapon, the Tempest being the last.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline Mars

• I have no originality
  • Attempting unreasonable levels of reasonable
Tempest > Everything

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actualy i find tempest depending on the situation can be a very very usefull tool ! much more so then other weapons available to you .
Die shivan die!!

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

Offline eliex

The rockeye is impossibly strong if your distance is to the enemy is good enough too.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Not for its impossibly huge size.

In the beginning go dual subachs + all tempests
When the Harpoon becomes available, I switch one bank for harpoons. They're good for nailing SF Dragons and SF Manticores that I can never hit with primaries.
When the Kayser becomes available, I use that on all craft, except the GTF Erinyes. For that I just go 8 Subachs.
When the Trebuchet becomes available, the the Harpoon bank is swapped to Trebs.

Tempests are always in unless I have bombs, due to their superb ability to grab capital ship kills for me.

The only missions I really use the Maxim in are Their Finest Hour and the one where the Sathanas first appears (the Fog of War?).
Because shooting up a stream of Shivan cruisers is immensely satisfying, and because the Serapis is too flimsy to actually do anything in other than park 2km away from a gas miner and start filling it full of maxims. Makes their explosions non-isssues :D

Never touched the Circe nor the Lamprey. If it doesn't make things go BOOM, I don't use it. I can't micromanage my weapons well enough to blast off the shields then switch to maxims.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
For some reason I'm not very good with using Tempests/Furys on other fighters. Even though it's just like using primaries.  :confused:

Usually I use Kaysers whenever I can in both banks, but sometimes I use them with Maxims/Subachs/Prometheus S. I like having heavy firepower. If not, I use Prometheus S with Maxims or Subachs. For missiles, usually a Tornado/Harpoon combination, but sometimes I use Trebuchets.

Offline admiral_wolf

• Commander of the Orion class Destroyer GTD Galatea
Erinyes

Maxim
Promethus S

Harpoon
Trebuchet
I reject your reality and substitute my own, hence my existance on the Galatea!

Offline castor

• http://www.ffighters.co.uk./home/
I try not to use the Prometheus (both versions) because I never seem to be able to hit anything with them. I actually have better luck at hitting things with the Subach, and with the Kayser, most of my shots tend to hit.
That's probably due to the longer range of Prom-S. Its shots have higher velocity, so it should be easier to hit with it than the others you mentioned (if shooting from the same range).