Author Topic: Where Vasudans came from...  (Read 4082 times)

Where Vasudans came from...
I've been reading other topics and its implied but not confirmed by [V] that Vasudans were helped by the Ancients in their development regardless of the fact that the Ancients destroyed everybody else except the Shivans!  The hazardous Vasudan planet is stated to not be able to handle a species evolution into a spacefaring race without outside help.  However I was thinking that maybe the Vasudans are Ancients!!!

Maybe when the Ancients were busy being wiped out,  a couple hundred thousand survivors fled to Vasuda IV and while the environment was harsh,  it was by no means unlivable and is now maybe the only place that the Ancients were safe from the Shivans!

Fast forward 8000+ years,  The Ancients have repopulated as Vasudans and call Vasuda IV or Vasuda prime their home!  Vasudans have just become a spacefairing race and  The Great destroyers are a simple legend (the HOL believe this legend which explains the HOL's actions).  This would explain the similarities between Vasudans and Ancients (written language etc...)  Soon they meet Terrans and we all know the rest!

This is just an idea.  Does anyone else have this idea or something similar, or is everybody happy with the Ancients helped Vasudans theory despite the fact that the Ancients destroyed everybody else they came into contact with (barring Shivans)?!

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
Re: Where Vasudans came from...
*_*
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 11:12:21 pm by High Max »
;-)   #.#   *_*   ^^   ^-^   ^_^

^ We don't have any canon tech for the Ancients except the Knossos portal IIRC!  Also I thought it was only implied as a theory that the Ancients helped the Vasudans!  It is also stated that the Vasudans and Ancients written language are similar.  Also as far as tech,  a lot can change in 8000 + years especially when hiding from Xenocidal Shivans!

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
*_*
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 11:12:54 pm by High Max »

The Ancients were not a purely genocidal race (that distinction goes to the Shivans). They enslaved many societies that they did not wipe out. "And we saw other advanced life, and we subdued it, or we crushed it..." are the Monologue's exact words, meaning they didn't kill everyone they found out in space.

On the other hand, no people/race/species (excluding hive-minds) is wholly single-minded or of one opinion about anything. I can see the Ancients, at some point in time, helping another species for one reason or another. I can't believe that in all of Ancient society, there wasn't someone somewhere who disapproved of the way they went about their conquests.

Or, the Vasudans were enslaved by the Ancients, but the Ancients of course didn't want their slaves dying out, so naturally they would have taken some steps toward ensuring their survival on that inhospitable planet.

Or perhaps Vasuda was not the Vasudan homeworld, but a frontier world they were transported to in order to mine resources or something. As the Ancients retreated from the Shivan advance, they didn't bother to pick up their slaves, the Shivans ignored the Vasudans because they were not spacefaring and not a threat, and the original memory of how they came to be on that planet was lost to myth and legend.

There are many ways one could read a theoretical relationship between the Vasudans and Ancients.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Nuclear1

Well, if we're talking about where Vasudans come from I direct you to the pheropods :p
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
There is evidence in the FS reference bible for contact.

However, given the weapons at Shivan disposal to go about this sort of thing (Tsunami equivalents and Lucifer guns at least), I find it hard to believe they're going to "miss a few" when is well within their power to glass entire planetary surfaces in under a day
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Why would they glass enitre planets if they detect nothing of importance on them?
No energy sources, no transmission of any kind - nothing indicating an advanced race.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Supposition.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

I know, but it seems unlikely. Also, humans were spared too. Why? Where does it say that the Vasudans were helped by Ancients though? Where did that idea come from? It sounds familiar. One could make a theory and say that the ancients helped humans too and built the pyramids.

Also, no need to use excessive exclamation marks. One could interpret that as you being angry.

Edited to fix punctuation.

Sorry about the excessive!!!!, Bad habit!
Back on topic, that could be true!  I actually know more than one person that believe a real world theory that the pyramids are giant spaceships!  Crazy conspiracies aside, the ancients may have helped us.  Especially if Vasudan written language can be compared to Egyptian hieroglyphics.  On the other side, I always believed that Sol always had weak jump nodes.  Maybe the Ancients couldn't reach Sol or even better, never tried (to build a jump gate).  This may explain why Terrans are never wiped out.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Why would they glass enitre planets if they detect nothing of importance on them?
No energy sources, no transmission of any kind - nothing indicating an advanced race.

I didn't say they did.

I merely pointed out that considering the weapons they use for this sort of thing, arguing they missed a spot is sort of like saying total environmental collapse isn't total.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
I liked "Journey of the Forgotten"'s theory. It's a fan fic that intertwines Halo/Ringworld with Bosch and his crews encounter with the shivans. There is evidence (fanon) on the ring that Vasudans were known somehow to the ancients.

I recommend that as a read btw. Great story.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
In all seriousness. I hope they all burn.

:p
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Kopachris

• send penguins
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Where do Vasudans come from?  Well, when a mommy and a daddy love each other very much...
----
My Bandcamp | Discord: Kopachris | My GitHub

Offline rubixcube

• best username ever
I know, but it seems unlikely. Also, humans were spared too. Why? Where does it say that the Vasudans were helped by Ancients though? Where did that idea come from? It sounds familiar. One could make a theory and say that the ancients helped humans too and built the pyramids.

Also, no need to use excessive exclamation marks. One could interpret that as you being angry.

Edited to fix punctuation.

Sorry about the excessive!!!!, Bad habit!
Back on topic, that could be true!  I actually know more than one person that believe a real world theory that the pyramids are giant spaceships!  Crazy conspiracies aside, the ancients may have helped us.  Especially if Vasudan written language can be compared to Egyptian hieroglyphics. 

Interesting thought, though the theory that the ancients helped build the pyramids doesn't quite work. The pyramids were built around 2551 BC, and the ancients were wiped out around 5700 BC. So, it's an interesting theory, but the the time periods don't match.

Stuff

Offline High Max

• Permanently banned
*_*
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 11:13:27 pm by High Max »

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
Some cultures may have built them earlier. Also, is it possible to know with certainty when they were built?
Yes.  We know which rulers they were built for, and we know when said rulers lived.

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
They just rose up from the sea (of stars). That's why they wuw fishes so much.
Habeeb it...

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • FLAMES OF WAR

I didn't say they did.

I merely pointed out that considering the weapons they use for this sort of thing, arguing they missed a spot is sort of like saying total environmental collapse isn't total.

Well, not really. They go after advanced races, after subspace-users.

If a few ancients survived on some backwater planet, without technology, living like savages...they hardly failed.

Besides, missing a spot IS easy. Unless you have magical sensors capable of detecting every living creature on a planet, and telling exactly what kind of creature it is too.

The only way NOT to miss it would be to glass any and all planets that could possibly support the ancients, just to be sure. And if they did that, then the shivans DEFINATELY wouldn't count as perservers.
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Rico

I've been reading other topics and its implied but not confirmed by [V] that Vasudans were helped by the Ancients in their development regardless of the fact that the Ancients destroyed everybody else except the Shivans!  The hazardous Vasudan planet is stated to not be able to handle a species evolution into a spacefaring race without outside help.  However I was thinking that maybe the Vasudans are Ancients!!! *SNIP*
Thats what I was thinking, and I was making a mod/campaign around the idea.