Author Topic: Missionaries of Hate - American fundies crowbaring theocracy into Ugandan law  (Read 10100 times)

Offline mxlm

Re: Missionaries of Hate - American fundies crowbaring theocracy into Ugandan law
 So who are we to pass judgement on how they should or should not govern themselves?

...Seriously?
I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Re: Missionaries of Hate - American fundies crowbaring theocracy into Ugandan law
There is no hell. That's why we invented jail.
That's what you think. And I respect it. And maybe you're right. Again, I'll have to wait until the end and see. Though I'd seriously prefer to have to wait a lot for that answer. :lol:

Though, even if hell exists, jail is still necessary.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
i'm kinda old school and like the pagan version of hell, you know where everyone gets to go regardless of how good they were, or how few evil things they did, or how well the adhered to the tenants of a specific religion, or even if they picked the correct religion. regardless of which version of hell i like, the concept seems arbitrary and is simply an established way to keep people in line (which christianity obviously undermines with its get out of hell free card). i really dont care one way or the other. just feed my corpse to the worms and let entropy do its job.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Thaeris

• Can take his lumps
  • Away in Limbo
There is no hell. That's why we invented jail.

There's only one real way to find out. I simply suggest you don't try to find out with Koolaid...
"trolls are clearly social rejects and therefore should be isolated from society, or perhaps impaled."

-Nuke

"Look on the bright side, how many release dates have been given for Doomsday, and it still isn't out yet.

It's the Duke Nukem Forever of prophecies..."

"Jesus saves.

Everyone else takes normal damage.
"

-Flipside

"pirating software is a lesser evil than stealing but its still evil. but since i pride myself for being evil, almost anything is fair game."

"i never understood why women get the creeps so ****ing easily. i mean most serial killers act perfectly normal, until they kill you."

-Nuke

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
It'd sure take most of the hate out of the thread.

Offline Aardwolf

I don't get it.  :(

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
GODDAMMIT!
I see what you did there.  :P
Taking the lords name in vain. Or am i?
I believe the people who fight in the name of god unjustly are actually the ones who took the name in vain. Example, sort of like alquaida getting recruits by using "fighting for god" as an excuse or something to get more people bombs.

EDIT: FIXED
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 12:49:03 am by S-99 »
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Aardwolf

You mean 'vain'. Related to 'vanity'. Unrelated to 'sanity' or 'sean hannity'. Wait, I'm not so sure about that last one.

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny
I should also note that this law is widely supported by the Ugandan people.  So who are we to pass judgement on how they should or should not govern themselves?

Given that most of them give a free pass to wife beating, do you really want to say that?

Evangelical christianity has been very busy the last 30 years spreading its poison, not just in the US but in some parts of the third world. Unfortunately in those areas there is no firmly established progressive element to moderate their fundementalism, allowing them to do this type of thing where they could never get away with it in the US. Read here for more

On the flip side of the coin in the islamic world there's also growing fundementalism in the form of wahhabism. So that leaves the rest of us crushed in the middle. Interesting times.
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

GODDAMMIT!
I see what you did there.  :P
Taking the lords name in vein. Or am i?
Oh! Keep doing it. It will be a long stay in hell, so I don't want to be alone. :lol:

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
full on eugenics would most likely fail at eradicating it. therefore its pointless to do anything about it

ironically if it weren't for thousands of years of civilisation forcing people with gay tendencies to have straight sex homosexuality would probly have self selected it's self out of exsistance.
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I should also note that this law is widely supported by the Ugandan people.  So who are we to pass judgement on how they should or should not govern themselves?

We do that all the time, my friend. Certainly the missionaries involved did.

I don't see any particular reason this law should treat homosexuals differently than heterosexuals. Unfortunately it does.

If only there were a humane intervention method that actually worked to help places like this.  :(
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 12:02:28 am by General Battuta »

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I should also note that this law is widely supported by the Ugandan people.  So who are we to pass judgement on how they should or should not govern themselves?

So I take it you are against using US money to tell the Ugandans how to govern themselves and will be writing a letter to your senator complaining about it then? :p
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline iamzack

full on eugenics would most likely fail at eradicating it. therefore its pointless to do anything about it

ironically if it weren't for thousands of years of civilisation forcing people with gay tendencies to have straight sex homosexuality would probly have self selected it's self out of exsistance.

doesn't that conflict with the current explanation for why it has been bred out of existence all by itself?
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me

doesn't that conflict with the current explanation for why it has been bred out of existence all by itself?

many things could cause homosexuality. my guesses would be either a combination of genetics and with an environmental or social trigger (similar to certain mental illnesses like schizophrenia), or a complex interaction of several genes. it could also be a chemical trigger or a commonly recurring mutation. it could even be something completely unrelated to genetics. i very much doubt its a single "gay gene" that causes it, because that would have been bred out. one must also consider that there were points in history where homosexuals was tolerated and was very common, as well as homosexuality observed in animals. seems like nature has had plenty of opportunities to breed it out.
I can no longer sit back and allow communist infiltration, communist indoctrination, communist subversion, and the international communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
GODDAMMIT!
Oh! Keep doing it. It will be a long stay in hell, so I don't want to be alone. :lol:
GODDAMNIT is hardly taking anything in vain compared to those who commit genocide claiming to be doing god's work. I've certainly GODDAMNED myself this time :p
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Nuke

• Ka-Boom!
  • Mutants Worship Me
GODDAMMIT!
GODDAMNIT is hardly taking anything in vain compared to those who commit genocide claiming to be doing god's work. I've certainly GODDAMNED myself this time :p

satan is my lord and id never take his name in vain goddamnit!

Nuke's Scripting SVN

Offline Kosh

• A year behind what's funny

Oh my Satan!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The reason for this is that the original Fortran got so convoluted and extensive (10's of millions of lines of code) that no-one can actually figure out how it works, there's a massive project going on to decode the original Fortran and write a more modern system, but until then, the UK communication network is actually relying heavily on 35 year old Fortran that nobody understands." - Flipside

Brain I/O error
Replace and press any key

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam

Oh my Satan!!!!!!!!!!!!

I demand that "Satan Worshipper" be added to your title.  :rolleyes:

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
many things could cause homosexuality. my guesses would be either a combination of genetics and with an environmental or social trigger (similar to certain mental illnesses like schizophrenia), or a complex interaction of several genes. it could also be a chemical trigger or a commonly recurring mutation. it could even be something completely unrelated to genetics. i very much doubt its a single "gay gene" that causes it, because that would have been bred out. one must also consider that there were points in history where homosexuals was tolerated and was very common, as well as homosexuality observed in animals. seems like nature has had plenty of opportunities to breed it out.

I heard my cue! =)

The "gay gene" theory has been thoroughly debunked.  Best theories at present deal with a combination of behavioural genetics (including one or more of the three types of gene-environment interactions) and androgen/estrogen balances during early development.  Physical sex characteristics are only loosely linked to sexual attraction cues, and sexual attraction cues and gender identity are strongly tied to hormone dosage, while physical sex characteristics are entirely genetic.

There is a strong argument to be made for some sort of multi-gene recessive characteristic (with potential for an epigenetic mechanism in place) being at least partially responsible for homosexuality, because it seems to be an evolutionary trait that has development in virtually all mammals and has significant benefits for large social groups of individuals of the species.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]