Author Topic: Holy crap HLP has color again  (Read 17586 times)

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Re: Holy crap HLP has color again
Locked, non-stickied topic bars are showing up as a pure, eye-burning white for me, like it's mixing the old and new themes.  Anyone else run into this?

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
In making this post, I discovered something else. Used to be when you hit "Reply" you could still scroll the list of previous posts and pick ones to quote. Can't do that now.

Ahh, thank you. Fixed.
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Locked, non-stickied topic bars are showing up as a pure, eye-burning white for me, like it's mixing the old and new themes.  Anyone else run into this?

Also fixed. :)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Zacam

• Magnificent Bastard
  • Administrator
  • I go Sledge-O-Matic on Spammers
    • Steam
    • Twitter
    • ModDB Feature
In making this post, I discovered something else. Used to be when you hit "Reply" you could still scroll the list of previous posts and pick ones to quote. Can't do that now.

Ahh, thank you. Fixed.

Confirmed (obviously, you did say fixed). Yay!

Also fixed. :)

On the topic of fixing Eye-burning white, are code boxes next on the list, pretty please?
Report MediaVP issues, now on the MediaVP Mantis! Read all about it Here!
Talk with the community on Discord
"If you can keep a level head in all this confusion, you just don't understand the situation"

¤[D+¬>

[08/01 16:53:11] <sigtau> EveningTea: I have decided that I am a 32-bit registerkin.  Pronouns are eax, ebx, ecx, edx.
[08/01 16:53:31] <EveningTea> dhauidahh
[08/01 16:53:32] <EveningTea> sak
[08/01 16:53:40] * EveningTea froths at the mouth
[08/01 16:53:40] <sigtau> i broke him, boys

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
And as a minor addition, the profile options drop-boxes are the eye-burning white as well, but that's not really significant.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
The orange news bar. I want to eat it.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline übermetroid

• Current Father Of Samus
  • He who dares wins.
Looks nice.  Weird quotes though.
"This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time."

Offline Kolgena

[code.] tags are kinda hard to read. It's like light grey on lighter grey.

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Loving the new theme, loving havwing burlywood back as well. Many thanks, sambo. :D

[EDIT]Colour seems to have been disabled in sigs, BTW.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Try editing your sig.  They were disabled for a time, but they should be re-enabled now.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
Crap, there was something I just noticed earlier about the new layout and was going to mention in one of these threads, but now I can't remember it.  wryyyyyy

Offline Firartix

• Random Noob
Wait what the ----------

It's super-good overall but there's something strange in that imo.... i think it's the page bottom (you don't see anything?) and the big news banner top (it kills the whole theme.... just a feeling...).

It's super-good overall but there's something strange in that imo.... i think it's the page bottom (you don't see anything?)
You mean the grey thing in the bottom? Yes, I've certainly noticed it's so damned awesome that it looks like it's going to jump off the screen, kick me on the face, grab a beer from my fridge, get laid with my mother, and then get back on the screen. And it's so damned awesome I'm not really sure I would mind it.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
Goober mentioned something about post anchors not working correctly. I ... think I see what he means.
My blog

MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Steam
    • Something
O hay, now I remember what I was going to mention the other day.  How do people feel about the little link images next to links?  I feel like I'd rather see them ditched myself if that's possible, but maybe I'm in the minority.

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
I like them. It makes links stand out.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 04:51:52 am by TopAce »
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
As long as they don't block off bits of text (like how they do in Highlights), I'm not too concerned.

By the way, thread anchors do appear to be broken. It might be good to fix them ASAP, since they are used all over the place.
My blog

MP-Ryan

Offline watsisname

How do people feel about the little link images next to links?  I feel like I'd rather see them ditched myself if that's possible, but maybe I'm in the minority.

I can agree.  I never see blue/underlined text used for anything other than links anyway, so IMO the images seem unnecessary.
In my world of sleepers, everything will be erased.
I'll be your religion, your only endless ideal.
Slowly we crawl in the dark.
Swallowed by the seductive night.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
+1 for the removal of the "THIS IS A LINK GODDAMMIT" image.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I think I'll start posting in blue underlined text.