Author Topic: FREDders, look! - Syrk: The Unification Wars needs you!  (Read 2885 times)

Offline Lucika

• Victim of trolling-related humor
  • Modding is l'art pour l'art
    • Syrk: The Unification Wars
FREDders, look! - Syrk: The Unification Wars needs you!
Try recruiting on the FRED board, too.

That I am doing right now. :nod:

*clears throat*

Dear everyone! Just in case if you haven't seen it yet, my campaign "Syrk: The Unification Wars" is hosted here at HLP and is in FREDding stage as we speak. As such, if any of you FREDders would like to participate, I'd more than appreciate it. Every helping hand is fantastic and we do need some. You see... we have a deadline.
I know, this is unlikely for a FS campaign, but I made it into my school project that I finish the first 20 missions (~Act 1) until the end of April or so. As such, FREDding is something that needs many assets.

By the way, the way I see FREDding is that you don't have to be a FREDder giga god to be able to help us. The more experienced members will look on your mission and polish it. Hell, they even do the same thing with mine! :D Don't step down just because you don't think you can do a 100% polished and super mission.

I'm afraid that at least three four FREDders of the group (7 FREDders including me) are having to (partially or fully) step down for now. Add to that that I lack information about the progress of some other missions which could very well be dormand as well. That means major time trouble... believe me, I am trying everything, I myself am doing 7,5 missions and counting - still, due to the recent developements we have three missions with no one FREDding them. I'd more than appreciate your help. Even a single mission would help a lot. :)

A teaser trailer can be found here, and here are some nice little screenshots as well (more available on our website, and at our forums):

« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 08:50:00 pm by Lucika »
HLP member 2008-2012 and Syrk:TUW project leader ~2010-2012

Re: FREDders, look! - Syrk: The Unification Wars needs you!
Well, given my issues in meeting dead-lines that is probably not a good idea but ... I'm willing to give it a try and help you.

Offline Lucika

Much appreciated. :) Welcome aboard, we'll see how it goes.

Offline Sololop

My schedule for work is shifting next week, and I'll have a lot more free time. Plus, my FRED-ing skills could use more practice. If I was to volunteer, would I be given full explanation of the mission? Such as all the key ships, events that must occur and dialogue?

I would like to help with something one of these days though.

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
If you were to be accepted, you would be given a mission outline which includes all key details. However, you will be given a lot of creative liberty to make the mission how you want it. Dialogue is usually not included in the mission outline. You would either write it yourself or you could ask Veers to do it - he's our new resident writer. I don't know whether Lucika's still accepting volunteers, so I'll leave that to him. But that's the info I can give out.
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Offline Lucika

We can always produce a more detailed mission outline (like we did with [classified thingy]'s last mission). Welcome aboard, Sololop!

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
  • FREDder, FSWiki editor, and tester
You have quite a few FREDders now. :)
My community contributions - Get my campaigns from here.

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Lucika

Indeed *evil laughter*

Thanks for the idea. :)

Offline Sololop

I feel so honored! I'm currently delving into the topic and such sent via PM.

I hope to do a good job for you all!

Offline Lucika

:bump: OP updated... help needed!

Offline Nuclear1

If you guys are really in need of help, I can work on a couple of missions.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Lucika

That is most appreciated. Thank you very much!

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
I'm interested in joining as a FREDder after April 15 (which is the deadline of my Thesis). I released ~120 missions altogether (~80 currently available, 40 about to be re-released, plus I have around 25 lying around in FotG's and Scroll's SVNs). Have been FREDding since FS2 came out.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 04:15:06 am by TopAce »

I already announced my retirement twice, yet here I am. If I bring up that topic again, don't believe a word.

Offline Lucika

I'm interested in joining as a FREDder after April 15 (which is the deadline of my Thesis). I released ~120 missions altogether (~80 currently available, 40 about to be re-released, plus I have around 25 lying around in FotG's and Scroll's SVNs). Have been FREDding since FS2 came out.

I am more than glad to add you, thank you for your interest. :) A question: would you like to get a private forum access now in order to study the story and the general setup or should I wait with that until the 15th?

(hmm... 15th... you're just going to drop in at the last minute chocolatestorm before release, awesome :D)

Offline TopAce

• Stalwart contributor
Yes, please add internal and SVN access as well.

Offline Lucika

SVN will probably take a day or two, especially seeing that I am not the one that is responsible for it. However, I'll be trying my best to get that done as fast as possible as well. :)