Author Topic: Might of the Coalition!  (Read 14853 times)

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Might of the Coalition!
1 - Someone mentions Starlancer in other thread.

2 -  Reinstall Starlancer.

3 - Play it.

4 - End up doing model of most badass ship in the game.

5 - ???

6 - Profit.

edit: forgot to say that I did add things to the ship like the engine which oddly it doesnt have one in the game.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 10:05:34 pm by Sarafan »

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Re: Might of the Coalition!
Ah! It's nice to finally know where 80% of BP:WiH's stuff was ripped off from! :P

Nice ship, reminds me of the Vexor (You probably based it on the same ship the Vexor came from.)

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
BP:WiH? Vexor?

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Ah! It's nice to finally know where 80% of BP:WiH's stuff was ripped off from! :P

Nice ship, reminds me of the Vexor (You probably based it on the same ship the Vexor came from.)

It's not BP:WiH's stuff.
More like, -Steve-O- :P
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline An4ximandros

Starlancer is pretty much an inspiration for Blue Planet's ships (well the premade packs they used there really.)

And this is the Vexor I mentioned http://www.hard-light.net/wiki/index.php/FD_Vexor , It and you ship look like the Pukov.

EDIT: Sorry Droid, I'll correct myself, ahem.

-Steve-O-'s Ripoffs of Starlancer ships used heavily by the WIH Devs :P

Offline --Steve-O--

• I might be the last man on earth to use TS3.2
rip off. nice. makes it sound like i ripped the model out of starlancer, slapped a new texture on it and called it my creation and in effect stealing it. when i posted about the first version of the vex i mentioned in the first sentence where the base design originated. http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=47063.msg958722#msg958722. based on or inspired by or even roughly resembling sure.  i can handle being called a lot of things but a "rip off" and thus the implication of theft that term carries with it, not so much.
"And so they dwelled in filth, on worlds made of dirt and feces, and there they lay until they stumbled into the skies." --the Mad Prophet

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
-Steve-O-'s Ripoffs of Starlancer ships used heavily by the WIH Devs :P
You won't find these offensive unless you want to. That's EXACTLY what ':P' exists for.
:P
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline Al-Rik

Nice Ship, I liked StarLancer a lot. StarLancer has had a great way of storytelling, and a really stupid game play.  :banghead:

Was it difficult to run on Windows 7 / Vista ?

There was once a mod planed on the Freespace Engine, StarLancer the Sol War, no Idea if they still working on it.
It was from a Community that created some FreeLancer mods.
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=52133.msg1052265#msg1052265

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Nice Ship, I liked StarLancer a lot. StarLancer has had a great way of storytelling, and a really stupid game play.  :banghead:

Was it difficult to run on Windows 7 / Vista ?

Yeah, if it played more like Freespace, it would've been better. I've installed and am running the game on Win7 32x without problems, unlike other old games SL never gave me too much problem.

Offline An4ximandros

Apologies if I offended you Steve-O, I though others would understand that I meant it in jest by using the ':p' smiley.
I actually have a lot of admiration for your work, I was only trying to poke fun at how close you work was to the originals (which, again, was not necessarily meant as a bad thing.)

Sorry I offended you.  :(

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
PUTITINGAMENAO!!!

And cloaking Basilisks too  :3

Srsly though Sarafan, is there any way you can import a sketchup file into a good prog like max for skinning?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
PUTITINGAMENAO!!!

Srsly though Sarafan, is there any way you can import a sketchup file into a good prog like max for skinning?

sketchup supports collada in/exporting so you can shift it to pretty much any prog you want, cant speak for other programs but it seems to spew a ton of useless empties in blender and an of centre export but it is all fixable
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
PUTITINGAMENAO!!!

PUTITINGAMENAO!!!

sketchup supports collada in/exporting so you can shift it to pretty much any prog you want, cant speak for other programs but it seems to spew a ton of useless empties in blender and an of centre export but it is all fixable

I can post the sketchup file if you want.

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Tornado Class cruiser, you face a lot of these in the game. Added a turret and torpedo launchers among other things.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
And cyclooooone? Srsly, these were firm favourites of mine, alliance caps were UGLY.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
And cyclooooone? Srsly, these were firm favourites of mine, alliance caps were UGLY.

Yeah, I was thinking about doing the Cyclone next. :)

Offline --Steve-O--

• I might be the last man on earth to use TS3.2
Apologies if I offended you Steve-O, I though others would understand that I meant it in jest by using the ':p' smiley.
I actually have a lot of admiration for your work, I was only trying to poke fun at how close you work was to the originals (which, again, was not necessarily meant as a bad thing.)

Sorry I offended you.  :(

its alright, no worries and all is forgiven. and i apologize for flying off the handle at ya, was a little uncalled for.  ::hug with pat on back::

@ sarafan
I am really liking these! the coalition fleet i thought had the better looking ships and these more than do them justice. cant wait to so them UV mapped and all painted up. i mean just....damn! damn indeed. thumb of approval ---> :yes:
"And so they dwelled in filth, on worlds made of dirt and feces, and there they lay until they stumbled into the skies." --the Mad Prophet

Offline Sarafan

• No Title

@ sarafan
I am really liking these! the coalition fleet i thought had the better looking ships and these more than do them justice. cant wait to so them UV mapped and all painted up. i mean just....damn! damn indeed. thumb of approval ---> :yes:

Thanks, although I hope to do them all, the Alliance has only a few ships that are good looking, like the Kestrel and Inteprid, the rest is ugly as hell, the Coalition ships are way, way better although I could never figure it out which way is up on the Cyclone.

Cyclone WIP:

Offline Rampage

• Son Of Rampage
  • Urogynaecologist

Are those hexagons actual polygons or are they a makeshift texture?  If so, then I don't recommend keeping them on the mesh, as they serve no structural purpose. Instead, you should texture those details onto an image.

Nice job overall; next time please use [lvlshot] instead of [img] for mercy of us who use our smartphones to access HLP. :)  I changed it in my quote of your prior post.

R

Offline Al-Rik

Yeah, if it played more like Freespace, it would've been better. I've installed and am running the game on Win7 32x without problems, unlike other old games SL never gave me too much problem.
O.k., now I have no reason any more to not dig out the old disk and install it again :D

in 2004 I have had some troubles with it on XP: First crashing with the 3D sound enabled and than multiple crashes during loading - but after defraging (the .hog files have been a really mess after installing ) StarLancer worked well.

By the way: Nice work with the Coalition Cap ships.
A StarLancer Mod on the freespace engine would be nice.