Author Topic: OT - Resident Evil  (Read 3578 times)

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
RE was a good movie IMO (as was FF:TSW) :)
Allthough plot may not have been perfect (it was good enough), action was still good looking :D
Habeeb it...

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Stryke 9
...And Final Fantasy the movie had nothing to do with Final Fantasy the game. There wasn't a single Potion of Increased Phlegm Output +3 in the entire movie.

Mario Bros. the movie was one of those movies that sucks so much that it TRANSCENDS sucking, and becomes quite good in an odd way. Sorta like the Evil Dead series.

Your taste in movies (with the exception of the Mario film, that did suck), sucks. No offence or anything but the FF movie rocked on so many levels including visuals, a subtle message and plot line. As for the Evil Dead series... I won't even get started on them. They kick ass.

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
I still have to see the RE movie.  And personally, I figured the FF movie was nice eyecandy but otherwise unspectacular.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Fineus

• ...But you *have* heard of me.
  • Administrator
    • Hard Light Productions
Personally I found FF:TSW much better than RE, perhaps mostly because of the ground it broke with visuals, which it did on a scale not seen in any other movie. The plot was at least different. It turned out the aliens weren't just aliens - which made a pleasent change. Although a lot of it was kinda "haven't we seen this before", in particular the evil general wanting to use military might on the thing that they didn't understand, which I've seen so many times before.

But similarly RE just seemed to be a rehash standard action movie. Nice zombies yes - but surely we've seen dozens of weird science labs over-run by some weird evil that a small group of people including at least one civilian or something have to destroy/escape from. It was like a combination of Cube, Event Horizon and any number of research labs gone bad. It did add zombies to the mix though, but it was nothing special.

I know this kinda goes back on what I said earlier - but I think it depends what you want out a movie. As an action it's great, as anything new or interesting it's poor.

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
RE also had Mila. :D
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
mmmm rodriguez isn't too bad either, lookin foward to that surfer chick movie later this summer :)
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Originally posted by Shrike

True ;7
Habeeb it...

Offline Nico

• Venom
    Parlez-vous Model Magician?
Originally posted by Shrike

can't stand this chick, don't ask why, no special reason.
SCREW CANON!

Originally posted by venom2506

can't stand this chick, don't ask why, no special reason.

she was in the Fifth Element.... that movie kicks ass. how can you not like Mila, Venom?

Offline Nico

• Venom
Originally posted by Solid Snake

she was in the Fifth Element.... that movie kicks ass. how can you not like Mila, Venom?

As I said, I dunno ( btw, I know she was in the fifth element, don't forget it was made by a french :p ). There's something about her I don't like, but I couldn't say what.
SCREW CANON!

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
I agree.... milla Jovovitch does look a bit odd to me....maybe it's from flash backs to those daft red dreadlocks in the 5th Element

Offline Zeronet

• Hanger Man
A whole movie about Boran :shakeshead:
Got Ether?

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
Resident Evil = Good (scary) movie, good game

BLUE CRUSH!!! THAT MOVIE"S GONNA 0WN!!!

August 11th, i can't wait :D

Offline delta_7890

• Your Node Is Mine
Originally posted by Stealth
Resident Evil = Good (scary) movie, good game

August 11th, i can't wait :D

You know you're just going for the chick.  ^^;  In all honesty, the only movie I'm looking forward to right now is LOTR: The Two Towers
~Delta

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.

Hell yeah dude, that movie is gonna own, and no duh, that chick is fiine and you know it delta.
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline Nico

• Venom
Originally posted by delta_7890

In all honesty, the only movie I'm looking forward to right now is LOTR: The Two Towers

Ditto, as a Tolkien freak, I just can't wait, i'm holding my breath...
"sound of venom suffocating"
SCREW CANON!

Offline delta_7890

• Your Node Is Mine
Originally posted by Knight Templar

Hell yeah dude, that movie is gonna own, and no duh, that chick is fiine and you know it delta.

*shrugs* Meh...  She's alright, but not worth seeing the movie for.  The plot and storyline look real mediocre to me.  ~~
~Delta

Offline Reaper

• Swarmer
    • http://www.winissimo.net/ww3/

*shrugs* Meh...  She's alright, but not worth seeing the movie for.  The plot and storyline look real mediocre to me.  ~~

It's worth of seeing the movie, trust me:D
There is full moon shining on the sky... It's midnight... I'm rising from my grave... I have my scythe and i'm thirsty for blood... I'm ready, i'm ready to steal souls and feed on them... I'm ready to kill
World War III: Wasteland Earth

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...

you scare me :)

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
WAS "SIGNS" AWESOME OR WHAT?!