Author Topic: OT - That that that....  (Read 6639 times)

Offline Kellan

• Down with pansy elves!
    • http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/blackwater
Originally posted by Maeglamor
OK even if it isn't 100% viable (need ' at the start and end of the italicised 'that') I think you should get kudos for imagination. :nod:

I think Levyathan's is actually grammatically correct. Although tortuous. :D

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
I think that 'that that that that that that............', should be more like that 'that that that............'

2 * Infinity +2, all together and infinity in a row.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2002, 04:14:54 pm by 397 »
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline DragonClaw

• Romeo Kilo India Foxtrot
Originally posted by Kellan

I think Levyathan's is actually grammatically correct. Although tortuous. :D

Yeah his is correct, hard to understand at first tho :doubt:

Offline Levyathan

• That that guy.
I'm already correct? Damn, I thought about this one right after I clicked the 'post' button!

I said that that that that the other guy said shouldn't be a that, but a this instead.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2002, 04:24:55 pm by 155 »

Ever notice if you look at the same word a lot of times, in this case "that", that that cuases you to think it looks strange and to begin to question if that is the corret spelling for "that".

"Your cynicism appauls me Collosus - I have ten thousand officers and crew willing to die for pants !"

"Go to red alert!"
"Are you sure sir? It does mean changing the bulb"

Offline vadar_1

• Mr. Crispy
    • http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~freespace/hosted/fullcircle/
Originally posted by WMCoolmon
:D

cheater! if we could do that

(tries not to use comma)

Code: [Select]

#define that;
void that(int that)
{
           for(int that=0;that < that+1;that++)
           {
                  cout << "that " << flush;      
           }
}

Unlimited thats!!
"Shockingly, checking Draw Lines Between Marked Icons draws lines between the marked icons. " -Volition quality help files

Projects;
The Full Circle Project (site down - server side problem)
Paradox (site down - server side problem)

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
EDIT: Whoops - missed this one totally!

Originally posted by Levyathan
I said that that that that the other guy said shouldn't be a that, but a this instead.

Levyathan get's the interm prize so far - 4 'that's in a row, and grammatically correct! As for the rest of you, I dunno - you seem to have a hard time understanding directions. Let's see:

What part of 'in a row' don't you understand?

Although I must hand it to you for imagination. :)

Can anyone get 5 'that's in a row? ;7
« Last Edit: August 05, 2002, 07:10:50 pm by 214 »
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Stryke 9

• Village Person
    Reset count: 4
that's that's that's that's.

How's that?

Offline an0n

• Banned again
  • Emo Hunter
    • http://nodewar.penguinbomb.com/forum
Originally posted by sandwich
Can anyone get 5 'that's in a row? ;7

Dude, I got infinity.
"I.....don't.....CARE!!!!!" ---- an0n
"an0n's right. He's crazy, an asshole, not to be trusted, rarely to be taken seriously, and never to be allowed near your mother. But, he's got a knack for being right. In the worst possible way he can find." ---- Yuppygoat
~-=~!@!~=-~ : Nodewar.com

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
:rolleyes: @ both an0n and Stryke 9. :D
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
Originally posted by vadar_1

#define that;
void that(int that)
{
           for(int that=0;that < that+1;that++)
           {
                  cout << "that " << flush;      
           }
}

Unlimited thats!! [/B]

But what about

while(true) puts("that");

;)
-C

Offline Levyathan

• That that guy.
I got a better one!

I said that that that that that other guy said *continues the sent4ence like the previous one*.

Offline Stealth

• Braiiins...
ok

« Last Edit: August 05, 2002, 08:23:22 pm by 594 »

Offline Levyathan

• That that guy.
Ok, I posted that last sentence really fast because I was in a hurry not to be beaten! (I actually got back up after going to bed because I thought of this while I was falling asleep!)

I mean it like this:

I said that that that that that other guy said shouldn't be a that, but a this instead.

The only difference is that I'm talking about 'that other guy' instead of 'the other guy', so that adds one extra 'that', to a total of five 'that's'!

Originally posted by beatspete
Ever notice if you look at the same word a lot of times, in this case "that", that that cuases you to think it looks strange and to begin to question if that is the corret spelling for "that".

I actually started wondering if I hadn't misspelled it, because it seemed like 'hat' with a T before it. Strange feeling, even if you know it's correct it just looks wrong.

Ok, now I can go back to sleep again.

Offline Kellan

• Down with pansy elves!
    • http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/blackwater
And Levyathan has it again... :D

Originally posted by sandwich

What part of 'in a row' don't you understand?

All of it.  I know my 3 had a comma in them, but i started out just making a general statement, the opertunity for the 3 'that's just arrose by chance

"Your cynicism appauls me Collosus - I have ten thousand officers and crew willing to die for pants !"

"Go to red alert!"
"Are you sure sir? It does mean changing the bulb"

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Kellan
And Levyathan has it again... :D

Quite right, quite right - Levyathan has attained the unattainable: 5 'that's in a row, comprehensibly! :yes2: :nod: :yes:

Originally posted by Levyathan
I said that that that that that other guy said shouldn't be a that, but a this instead.

With a little imaginative, erm... imagination, it is actually possible to reach 6 'that's.... care to give it a try? ;7

Offline Redfang

Sandwich, how many "that"s does that your The Answer™ sentence have?

If you don't even have The Answer™... :D

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Redfang
Sandwich, how many "that"s does that your The Answer™ sentence have?

If you don't even have The Answer™... :D

Hehehe - I was wondering when someone would ask that. Actually, 6 is it. :)

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Hm, my brother managed to get it? Damn, I think he's actually following my advices about drinking more then... :D
Probably away. Contact through email.