Author Topic: I can see my house!  (Read 6842 times)

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp
Look!  My city!

Or for a better view.....A 9 meg version

Can you see your house from here?

http://earth.jsc.nasa.gov/categories.html
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
  • The ticket to the future is always blank
http://www.globexplorer.com/cfviewer/start.cfm

Zooms in all the way to your houses.
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
Originally posted by Mr. Vega
http://www.globexplorer.com/cfviewer/start.cfm

Zooms in all the way to your houses.
I found where my house should be, but theres logos all over the damn image, and they took the photo at the wrong time of day so my side of the street is covered in shadows - can't see a damn thing.

Pretty neat tho.
WE ARE HARD LIGHT PRODUCTIONS. YOU WILL LOWER YOUR FIREWALLS AND SURRENDER YOUR KEYBOARDS. WE WILL ADD YOUR INTELLECTUAL AND VERNACULAR DISTINCTIVENESS TO OUR OWN. YOUR FORUMS WILL ADAPT TO SERVICE US. RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

Offline Ryx

• Twilight Falling
  • Away in RL land. Back later.
You can take a pretty close look at my city here:

http://hotel.infovisaren.nu/projekt/trollhattan/kartval.asp?prodnr=1
I hope the link works. Just zoom in where it says "Trollhättans tätort"

Not exactly Satelite picture, though.

Edit: I can see my house with this map. :ha:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2002, 03:33:10 pm by 263 »
Intel C2D E6850|4Gb RAM|Abit IP35 PRO|ATI X1900 XT

Offline Thorn

• Drunk on the east coast.
  • What is this? I don't even...

8 Years out of date.. ehh. what can ya do?
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada October 1994 The effects of the continental ice sheet that covered the northeastern part of North America about 15 000 years ago is evident in the physical landscape surrounding the city of Halifax, Nova Scotia. The many lakes are the result of glacial scouring as the ice sheets advanced and then retreated, leaving low, water-filled areas. Most of the rural areas of the glaciated landscape are now covered by northern coniferous forests. The city of Halifax is located along the south side of Halifax Harbour. The metropolitan area including Dartmouth (the city along the northern side of Halifax Harbour), with a population of approximately 320 000, is the largest Canadian commercial center with direct access to the Atlantic Ocean. The natural harbor affords ideal drydocks, dockyards, and transshipping facilities for both imports and exports. The numerous thin, white lines radiating from the metropolitan area are highways, railroads, and power line rights-of-way extending across the forested hinterland. The runways of two major airports are visible—the T-shaped runways of Halifax International Airport approximately 15 miles (25 kilometers) north of the urban area and the runways of the Shearwater CFB (military base) east of Dartsmouth. During World War II, many ship convoys were assembled in Halifax Harbour for the transatlantic crossing. St. Margaret Bay is the large bay southwest of the Halifax area.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Bah - if you have a GPU, check out http://www.earthviewer.com/ - it rulez. :nod:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Shrike

• Postadmin
Originally posted by Sandwich
Bah - if you have a GPU, check out http://www.earthviewer.com/ - it rulez. :nod:
You mean a good GPU..... lol

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Shrike
You mean a good GPU..... lol

No, I mean a GPU, period. The term was coined for the GeForce 256 graphics chip. TNT2's don't qualify. :D
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
My home and work

This is our council home.

1 min from my home

This tram i always took to school.
Or when i go to the beach.
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Hmm, none of those sites are particularly great... the nearest good image i could get was about 180 miles away.
I have a nice satalite photo of half of scotland on my wall, you can see my village easilly, and even make out my street.... I'll try and take a photo.

"Your cynicism appauls me Collosus - I have ten thousand officers and crew willing to die for pants !"

"Go to red alert!"
"Are you sure sir? It does mean changing the bulb"

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
So... that's what CornFlake-tropolis looks like, eh? :wink:

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
Originally posted by Sandwich
So... that's what CornFlake-tropolis looks like, eh? :wink:

Erm.....yes:nervous:

I use the Tram to transport my cornflakes:p
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Bobboau

• Just a MODern kinda guy
    Just MODerately cool
    And MODest too
thar we be
my property in the red square

I don't think it would be a very good idea to post such precise explanations of you're street adress, you never know who will be reading this
« Last Edit: August 17, 2002, 07:34:39 pm by 57 »
Bobboau, bringing you products that work... in theory
learn to use PCS
creator of the ProXimus Procedural Texture and Effect Generator
My latest build of PCS2, get it while it's hot!
PCS 2.0.3

DEUTERONOMY 22:11
Thou shalt not wear a garment of diverse sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together

Offline Grey Wolf

Here's mine:

That's mine at the end of the street.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2002, 07:28:23 pm by 102 »
You see things; and you say "Why?" But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?" -George Bernard Shaw

Offline penguin

• Eudyptes codus
  • Still alive.
Originally posted by Blue Lion
Boom

Hey, we're on the same map, BL... I'm near the head of the Severn River, which is barely poking in the bottom edge of the image.  And Locust Point (where I work) is also visible, near the center of the screen.

At this scale, I can't find my house, though :D   In fact, the only man-made thing immediately visible is the Key bridge...
your source code slave

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I am on that Maryland map as well. :D I was able to zoom in enough to very vaguely make out my house but the watermarks do not allow you to see much.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Bah...the only place with my town name I could find is on a completely different continent. :mad: :doubt: :p

Offline RandomTiger

You guys better not make any enemys on these boards because now, THEY KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Redfang

Originally posted by RandomTiger
You guys better not make any enemys on these boards because now, THEY KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!

One should hate another pretty much before he is going to travel a long distance (in most cases) to go and do something bad... and that's pretty hard to understand from those where someone actually lives. :)

And no-one knows where I live, except that I live in Finland... happy searching. :D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2002, 06:57:47 am by 665 »