Poll

Which of the 5 bodily senses would you forfeit first?

Sight
0 (0%)
Hearing
1 (2.2%)
Touch
3 (6.7%)
Taste
11 (24.4%)
Smell
30 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: September 01, 2002, 05:30:17 pm

Author Topic: OT: Choose a sense to loose  (Read 3334 times)

I voted for smell... I love the others just a little more.

So Carl,

what senses DO Shivans have? (Gets out the notebook with GTVI Bio-Weapons Division Header) Scribble, Scribble... ;7
Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide target selection !

ICQ#: 5256653
[email protected]

Projects: Gundam TC, Trek BTFF, REF, and Beyond Redemption
http://photo.starblvd.net/Star_Dragon

Offline Darkage

• CRAZY RENDER RABBIT
OT: Choose a sense to loose
I voted for smell.

I like the other sense's better.
[email protected]
Returned from the dead.

Offline Zeronet

• Hanger Man
I voted for hearing.
Got Ether?

Offline Dr.Zer0

• Got Knossos?
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/knossos/
Originally posted by Styxx
Hm, smell, of course...

hmm, that could be useful in some cases :p

Originally posted by Zeronet
I voted for hearing.

dont like getting *****ed at I see, now you have an exuse, oh well, next will probely be sight

Originally posted by Carl
you wouldn't feel anything.

you know when your foot falls asleep? your whole body would be like that.

bah, I alredy have a small numb spot in my small toe from slicing it open, I know somewhat how it would feel
« Last Edit: September 02, 2002, 06:20:24 am by 160 »
Calvin (Calvin & Hobbes):
My powerful brain in unraveling the myseries of the universe.
------------------
Its all fun and games until you hit the ground
------------------
Visit my site if you play TFC and hate the way it is
custom-tfc.co.uk
[/i]

Offline Kellan

• Down with pansy elves!
    • http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/blackwater
Originally posted by Zeronet
I voted for hearing.

Why? Surely it's useful.

*is struck from behind*
*is hit by car he didn't hear coming*
*is sobbing because he can't listen to music*

Taste. Taste all the way, and then you could eat really healthily, all the time. :nod: :D

Offline Levyathan

• That that guy.
I'd give up my my light speed capabilities first.

* wonders how many people will actually get the reference*

Offline Kellan

• Down with pansy elves!
    • http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/blackwater
Originally posted by Levyathan
I'd give up my my light speed capabilities first.

* wonders how many people will actually get the reference*

Ha Ha.

I don't get it.

Offline Levyathan

• That that guy.
I didn't think you would.

Offline Zeronet

• Hanger Man
Originally posted by Kellan

Why? Surely it's useful.

*is struck from behind*
*is hit by car he didn't hear coming*
*is sobbing because he can't listen to music*

Taste. Taste all the way, and then you could eat really healthily, all the time. :nod: :D

I dunno, i dont feel like being agreeable, not a good day for me.
Got Ether?

Offline Redfang

The HLP... :rolleyes:

:p

I voted for taste. That or smell. Though all those I really need. :)

Offline RandomTiger

Need sight for freespace
Need hearing for music
Need taste for cakes

And Im not giving up touch so smell it has to be.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
"CP w/o touch, normal day:
almost die washing his teeth, didn't notice the toothbrush was hitting the back of his throat
drops his glass of water, didn't hold it strong enough
fall in the stairs, once more: didn't notice his left foot did nt touch the ground before moving the right one
breaks the dishes, he's pushing too hard trying to cut the steak his mom cook up for him
etc etc etc"
cool, having no touch

1: I usually finish brushing my teeth in five seconds, so I would bring it out quickly anyway. :D
2: Holding it from the bottom would prevent this.
3: I could just look down and see where I am going. :p
4: I would have to be one heck of a strong guy to be able to do this. :D

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
Whew at least the sixth sence is not one i`d be doing without (thank god) i`d have to say smell, then I couldn`t smell those raunchy farts that my son sneeks out, or after he`s done in the bathroom, reminds me of his saying.. (got a turtle head sticking out my butt)  what a nut.. He also likes to burp and blow it in my face, blek those are nasty toooo.. so it`s smell of corse:D
Simpicity of character is the natural resualt of profound thought

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Whitelight
Whew at least the sixth sence is not one i`d be doing without (thank god) i`d have to say smell, then I couldn`t smell those raunchy farts that my son sneeks out, or after he`s done in the bathroom, reminds me of his saying.. (got a turtle head sticking out my butt)  what a nut.. He also likes to burp and blow it in my face, blek those are nasty toooo.. so it`s smell of corse:D

Hehehe - considering some of the things being sold on e-Bay, you might be able to get a hefty sum for your sense of smell. :p
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
i'd give up smell.

Sight I need for Nodewars
Hearing i need for playing FS2
Touch i need for you-know-what ;7
and Taste i like.

Smell, on the other hand, often involves very stinky things. And very strong smells often give me headaches. Especially those god-awful lotions that the high school girls are always rubbing on their hands.

Oil, yes. Incredibly-strong-artificially-fragranced-lotions, no.

And that's all I have to say about that.
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline Carl

• Render artist
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/
Originally posted by Dr.Zer0
bah, I alredy have a small numb spot in my small toe from slicing it open, I know somewhat how it would feel

ever tried to stand on a numb foot? you can't. you would be paralyzed.
"Gunnery control, fry that ****er!" - nuclear1

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
I am sort of reminded of Numb-and-Blind Man, a superhero from San Francisco who gave up all of his senses and limbs, in exchange for total invulnerability.

His only method of attack is to have his sidekick, Mischief Boy, roll his hospital gurney down a hill, where it will hit a bump, and fling him (hopefully) into a crime lord.

You'd be surprised at the looks on some people's faces when they see a random torso rolling down a San Francisco hill on a hospital gurney...
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline Styxx

• Hard Light Productions
Originally posted by Mad Bomber
His only method of attack is to have his sidekick, Mischief Boy, roll his hospital gurney down a hill, where it will hit a bump, and fling him (hopefully) into a crime lord.

:lol: :lol:
Probably away. Contact through email.

Offline aldo_14

• Gunnery Control
Smell... cos, er, I don't really have a sense of smell most days, anyway.

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
Originally posted by Mad Bomber
I am sort of reminded of Numb-and-Blind Man, a superhero from San Francisco who gave up all of his senses and limbs, in exchange for total invulnerability.

You'd be surprised at the looks on some people's faces when they see a random torso rolling down a San Francisco hill on a hospital gurney...

:wtf: :lol: :wtf: :lol: :wtf: :lol: :wtf: :lol:
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill