Author Topic: [Open Beta] New Path Chapter 2  (Read 1244 times)

[Open Beta] New Path Chapter 2
Hello everyone,
it's been a while since I released the first chapter of my campaign named "New Path" and since completing the finishing touches on it I have been working on Chapter 2. As life has a tendency of getting into your way it was more of an "on and off" kind of work, so it took a while to get Chapter 2 ready, but now I'm happy to say: It's almost done.

Today I uploaded beta version 1.9.9-beta1 to Nebula and everyone is invited to try it and give me feedback. So, what can you expect? I'm glad you asked.
The new campaign features of Chapter 2:
  • 17 playable missions
  • 3 new live action cutscenes (not part of the beta)
  • new ships and models
  • more new anims for Command Briefings and the Intelligence section of the Tech DB
While the campaign is complete in a lot of aspects, it still is a beta release, so it's not fully complete. It's missing most of its cutscenes (as stated above). They will be added for the final release. It's also missing the final polishing. I have tested all the missions myself several times, so hopefully I've ironed out most of the more obvious bugs. But one thing I learned is that it only takes one other player with a different playstyle to find bugs I have never even thought of looking for. Not to mention balancing issues with different playstyles.

So, that's what I ask of any player who takes part in the beta: feedback on bugs and balancing.
If you find any bugs or want to give feedback, please post here on the forums, write a DM or contact me via Discord (Username SilverAngelX).

There's also on other thing I'd like to have feedback on: I have used several models in this campaign that don't come from the MediaVPs. I used the download links provided in the Wiki to get those models, but since those links don't always get updated immediately there might be newer versions of some of theses models already in other mods I don't know of. If you notice one of the models is outdated, please also let me know.

Since I haven't updated the credits of my mod for Chapter 2 yet, everyone who takes part in this open beta will get a spot in the QA section of the credits.  ;)

Last point: How much time do you have? I haven't decided on a definitive end date for the beta yet, but I will most likely use the christmas break to finalize the release, so beta will end somewhere around the end of the year (latest).

Thank you in advance for anyone taking part in this, and I hope you enjoy this campaign.

KR, Silver

Re: [Open Beta] New Path Chapter 2
What a great start... It seems the VP of the Core package got corrupted during the upload to Nebula, so it was unreadable and nothing worked... I deleted the 1.9.9-beta1 and will replace it with a new version 1.9.9-beta1a. Let's hope that one works better...

Edit: Nope. It seems my packages have gotten to the point where VPs are no longer feasible due to size. So much for the nostalgic value of those old containers... ;) Let's try without them then. 1.9.9-beta2 incoming.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2024, 01:39:23 pm by SilverAngelX »

Online Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Glad to see this, and glad the beta release is now working. :yes:  Highlighted.

Offline ryanchealth

• Why did I want a job at 16?
Thanks for the Fred2 videos!

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Great news! Speaking of the models, do you mind posting a more detailed list of contents here? It'd be much easier for modders to keep you up to date on any existing/WIP updates of these spacecraft/ship models. :yes:
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito

Thanks for the Fred2 videos!
You're welcome.

Great news! Speaking of the models, do you mind posting a more detailed list of contents here? It'd be much easier for modders to keep you up to date on any existing/WIP updates of these spacecraft/ship models. :yes:
Sure. I already have a list of all the models for the Credits.

GTF Leto
GTF Durandal
GTCa Hera
GTT Wyvern
GTI Nareos
GTI Silex
GTGS Anteus
GTGS Polemos
GVI Abydos

Those are the ones I added for Chapter 2. But I can also add the ones from Chapter 1, so everyone can crosscheck those:
GTF Kulas
GTB Rhea
GTSh Mercury
GTI Bretonia
GTT Corsair
Intrasystem Jumpgate
GTC Hyperion (Stratcomm's version, not Aesaar's Blue Planet version)
GTC Garm
GTI Chamelion
GTI Asteria
GTI Veles
GTI Ceres
GVF Anouke
GVF Reshef
GVC Newet
GVT Qeb
PVI Cheops

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Really good updates.  Great work and keep it going:D
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Thivvs

Hey,

I really liked part 1 and decided to give part 2 a shot.

So far I found 1 minor issue and 1 breaking one which blocks proceeding in the campaign :/

- docking points between drones and argo transports seem to be off
- BREAKING ONE: Mission which introduces Hera carrier - The carrier is invulnerable. When I removed the invulnerable flag with cheats I was able to "destroy" it. It disappeared and a freighter appeared (which was also invulnerable)

- docking points between drones and argo transports seem to be off
That is a problem of the models, so unfortunately I can't do anything about it, except using different models, which I honestly don't think is warranted here.

- BREAKING ONE: Mission which introduces Hera carrier - The carrier is invulnerable. When I removed the invulnerable flag with cheats I was able to "destroy" it. It disappeared and a freighter appeared (which was also invulnerable)
All of that is intentional, except that if you follow the directives given to you the invulnerabilities should be resolved by the mission. So, it appears that you did something I didn't anticipate, so that the mission logic couldn't play out. Maybe try the mission again and if it doesn't resolve the invulnerabilities, give me some more details so I can check why it doesn't work.

KR, Silver